• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Nebraska offers Cedar Hill APB and Baylor commit 4-star WR Joshua Fleeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe you have heard of Spielman and Lindsey who both played as freshmen? McQuitty would have as well if not for injury.

I think he just meant that we've been short numbers wise in the WR room. That's what happens when Johnson and Grimm leave right after spring practice and Fitzpatrick and Calvin flip on signing day.

We have six WRs coming back (Morgan, Williams, Darlington, Spielman, Lindsey, and McQuitty). With two committed (Brown and Moore). We'll be fine though, we have some young talent.

I think he just meant that we've been short numbers wise in the WR room. That's what happens when Johnson and Grimm leave right after spring practice and Fitzpatrick and Calvin flip on signing day.

We have six WRs coming back (Morgan, Williams, Darlington, Spielman, Lindsey, and McQuitty). With two committed (Brown and Moore). We'll be fine though, we have some young talent.
You said it better than me. Exactly what I was trying to say. We have some promising talent but we are thin.

Last edited:

You said it better than me. Exactly what I was trying to say. We have some promising talent but we are thin.

To be honest, I'm not really sure you can even count Darlington. He's listed as a WR, but he never even cracked the depth chart at the position this year despite the low numbers and injuries.

You forgot Kade Warner. Though he was a preferred walk on, I do believe he would be a sure handed target that just catches the ball on auto-pilot. I think he'll be in the rotation.
Just curious what are you basing this on.

Not accusing you of this because I do not know, but this has become a sad reality where people see a video of a kid and think this is the next great thing. Adam Taylor, Chris Williams, etc. It gets old because there are 9 guys on the roster who apparently he could not beat out this year.

Speaking of McQuitty, has anyone heard how he is progressing since knee surgery?

Just curious what are you basing this on.

Not accusing you of this because I do not know, but this has become a sad reality where people see a video of a kid and think this is the next great thing. Adam Taylor, Chris Williams, etc. It gets old because there are 9 guys on the roster who apparently he could not beat out this year.

Warner fractured his hand a month before the season started. I'm guessing he would have redshirted even if he was healthy, but he didn't have a chance to beat anyone out this season. Otherwise I do agree with your quote about some kids coming in too over-hyped.

You forgot Kade Warner. Though he was a preferred walk on, I do believe he would be a sure handed target that just catches the ball on auto-pilot. I think he'll be in the rotation.
He is one of those 'prove it' guys imo.

Warner was the top WR in his Sr season in the state of Arizona. Though he didn't have any D1 offers, there are many walk-ons all over the country that end up being stars on their college football teams. He was known in Arizona as being a good route runner and runner after the catch. I didn't say he was going to be a star at Nebraska though...just that he wasn't even mentioned in the WR conversation as a returning player. So I wanted to include him. It is going to be a clean slate for everyone so we will see who will be our contributors. I just think he will be playing in the rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back