• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska is the highest rated sub .500 team

Hotlanta Husker

Junior Varsity
10 Year Member
According to the S&P, which is one of the rankings that has gained a lot of traction in college football advanced metric circles...

Nebraska is currently ranked 56...

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaa

some notable teams we are ahead of...

Your likely ACC Coastal Champion Pittsburgh (6-4), Your Big Ten West Champion Northwestern (6-4), Ole Miss (5-5), TCU (4-6), Colorado (5-5), Georgia Tech (6-4), Tennessee (5-5), Virginia Tech (4-5), Florida St (4-6)...

Really nice to see that despite all the unlucky outcomes that the team is really improving.. a win in each of our last 2 games would likely propel us into the top 40...

vs Michigan State (rk 32)
@ Iowa (rk 33)

Last edited:

Most of those team are trending down, with the notable exceptions of Pitt and Tennessee.

We're also the fourth highest ranked losing team (58) in ESPN's PFI behind TCU (45), Virginia Tech (54), and Vanderbilt (56). Incidentally, undefeated UCF is ranked 30th.

I am extremely happy with the progress of my Huskers this year, all except the lack of "W's, which will obvious becoming in the near future.

But come on guys, saying we are the "best losing team" is like being the "prettiest ugly girl at the prom", it's not worth starting a thread over okay? :).

I am extremely happy with the progress of my Huskers this year, all except the lack of "W's, which will obvious becoming in the near future.

But come on guys, saying we are the "best losing team" is like being the "prettiest ugly girl at the prom", it's not worth starting a thread over okay? :).
I think it's noteworthy when you've gone from six-packer to "you ain't a beauty but, hey, you're alright."

Last edited:

The reason I posted this was because it is a sign of marked improvement despite our 3-7 record. Nobody is celebrating 3-7... but at the same time as a blue blood we are not alone with our first year HC struggles.. UCLA, FSU, Tennessee... having the same growing pains. I think we are in a better position to play very good football next season than they are.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back