• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska goes for their first conference title in 12 years starting today!

For those who don't know... Nebraska baseball could break the drought of conference titles for the Big 3 mens sports (football, basketball, baseball) starting today. It has been since 2005 that we have won a conference title in any of those sports. Nebraska plays Penn State today, Friday, and Saturday. We need to sweep and to have a little help, as Nebraska has one tie on the season that is really hurting us, so Minnesota needs to lose one of their 3 from Purdue. If we sweep and Minnesota goes 2-1, we win the regular season title.

I can't believe it's been this long. But thought since it's the offseason for football i'd put this here and give people something to keep an eye on.

To be clear, we have to lose one less game than Minnesota to win the conference title. Current standings:

1st Minnesota - 14-6-0 .700 winning percentage
2nd Nebraska - 14-6-1 .690 winning percentage

We took the season series from Minnesota, but the tie breaker is winning percentage, not head to head. They are also going to end up playing one less game than us which is working in their favor. If we both sweep, or both go 2-1, us winning head to head does not matter as our tie hurts us and them not playing a game helps them.

Last edited:

Interesting that I recall reading back in 2015 that Erstad was a great player but not a great coach. Just another of TOs hiring failures.

Those folks should start looking for a good recipe for crow.

Amazing what happens when you give a coach a chance to build a culture.

Interesting that I recall reading back in 2015 that Erstad was a great player but not a great coach. Just another of TOs hiring failures.

Those folks should start looking for a good recipe for crow.

Amazing what happens when you give a coach a chance to build a culture.
We haven't won anything yet and we need some help from Purdue... but you are right. People need to go look at the records of the teams Erstad took over, and now he has had us in a regional 2 out of the past 3 years and could make it 3 out of 4 if we make it this year.

Go Huskers...even though the Big 10 is pretty much mid-major level when it comes to baseball it would still be nice to capture the conference title.

That said, this Husker team and the 2005 team are worlds apart.

Funny how when we went to the Big Ten how we made fun of its baseball and how easy it was going to be Champs here every year!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back