• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Nebraska Departure Led to Drop in B12 Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHELHusker

Javik was correct!
15 Year Member
I don't know if this should be in other teams, but an interesting article on recruiting in the Big 12 after DONUs departure.

Texas A&M leaving really hurt.

It's a very south oriented conference now because there's only 1 halfway decent team north in K-State. Once Snyder retires again, they will likely go down the tubes, furthering the south from north. It truly is a bad overall conference

It's a very south oriented conference now because there's only 1 halfway decent team north in K-State. Once Snyder retires again, they will likely go down the tubes, furthering the south from north. It truly is a bad overall conference

Great point.. OU is really the only team that even recruits nationally. Texas almost exclusively pulls all of their top talent from in state while the rest take the leftovers. Losing us and A&M was a major detriment to the national reach.

Burn Big 12exass Burn. Especially the Whorns and Baylor.
hqdefault.jpg

Glad the Big 12 is being relegated t the trash heap of History where it deserves to be. Maybe we will all get lucky and the university of Texas will get so bad that they give up football and decide to focus on Baseball.
They could still end up in the BIG. They'd be in NU's division. It could happen at some point.

By 2023, I think, there will be 4 major conferences + Norte Dame, Texas also, if they choose to go independent. They are big enough to do so if they choose. If the BIG is smart though, Texas isn't worth the trouble they bring. Texas, destroyed the SWC, the BIG 8, and the BIG 12. Pretty good pattern of not being able to mesh. Osborne warned, no one listened.

Last edited:

They could still end up in the BIG. They'd be in NU's division. It could happen at some point.

By 2023, I think, there will be 4 major conferences + Norte Dame, Texas also, if they choose to go independent. They are big enough to do so if they choose. If the BIG is smart though, Texas isn't worth the trouble they bring. Texas, destroyed the SWC, the BIG 8, and the BIG 12. Pretty good pattern of not being able to mesh. Osborne warned, no one listened.

Although you are right, hush your mouth!
Texas=
7451cf8a0b174fdf97bcc914c0474f72.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back