1. You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.
    Dismiss Notice

Nebraska coach Scott Frost takes subtle shot at Nick Saban...

Discussion in 'Football' started by GoBlueDavid, May 12, 2018.

1. GoBlueDavid

GoBlueDavid Red Shirt

Nebraska coach Scott Frost takes subtle shot at Nick Saban while discussing Chip Kelly’s Oregon tenure

[​IMG]

“Not to take anything away from Nick Saban, but when you have the No. 1 recruiting class in the country every year and you can put them through a process, you’ve got a great chance,”....

More at link:

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/nebraska-coach-scott-frost-takes-subtle-shot-at-nick-saban-while-discussing-chip-kellys-oregon-tenure

Seems a little 'much ado about nothing' to me..... Alabama folk must be very sensitive:Happyrun:

2. huskrthill

huskrthill Crap 5 Year Member

Once again, Alabama is terrified of Scott Frost and Nebraska. They all know their days are numbered. You guys probably think I'm joking, but I'm not. The SEC was Nebraska's whipping boy before, and they will be again very soon.

Saban hated no-huddle offenses in 2012, but now is trying desperately to catch up to the type of offense that Scott Frost runs. The problem is that Frost is a master with this offense, while Saban's offensive staff has been comprised of posers. They now have Mike Locksley as their OC, a failed head coach who has recently been an OC at powerhouses Illinois and Maryland. What the hell does he know about a no-huddle spread? It's like Shawn Watson trying to run a shotgun spread offense with Zac Lee in 2009.

Saban will retire within the next 2 seasons so that he won't have to face Nebraska and Frost. I'm not sure that will be soon enough.

Last edited: May 12, 2018
    skerBob, SoCalRed, BubbaGene and 7 others like this.
  3. somecrazyguy

somecrazyguy Recruit 2 Year Member

I hope so (not that you're joking, the other part)!

4. YUENGLING

YUENGLING Scout Team 5 Year Member

I really hope you are 100% correct. I love Frost's confidence it's off the charts.

Vinosker likes this.
  5. TnHusker87

TnHusker87 Recruit

Some in the $EC might wish for the same. It has been a steady diet of Coach Satan, a rotation of 2nd fiddle and the rest in the 'also ran' category.

Vinosker likes this.
  6. Big Red Shrine

Big Red Shrine Elite Poster 2 Year Member

Satan. LOL. Sometimes the spellcheck knows more than us

7. TnHusker87

TnHusker87 Recruit

I guess if the shoe fits, then wear it. :D

8. Greatest Fan of All

Greatest Fan of All The Legend 10 Year Member

I don't think Frost was being disrespectful at all. He knows Saban is a great coach and he believes Kelly is too, and possibly even more so because he was innovative. Nothing to see here but some jealousy...it sucks to be watching Bama be great year after year.

9. BigRedAvenger

BigRedAvenger Poster of Substance 2 Year Member

What SF said isn’t a dig at all, and it’s 100% accurate. When Saban does not have talent that is head and shoulders above the competition, he is average. He was average at MSU and average in the NFL. Drop him into Iowa now and he’d be average again. He’s a great salesman who recruits to a school that has a great tradition and plays lose with the rules.

10. Greatest Fan of All

Greatest Fan of All The Legend 10 Year Member

Saban has never been remotely close to average he is without any doubt one of the greatest CFB coaches of all time...top 10 minimum.

Hville likes this.
  11. Lavaman

Lavaman Rebel Scum 5 Year Member

How many other coaches get multiple opportunities at national titles without winning their own division

Diboy and Vinosker like this.
  12. BigRedAvenger

BigRedAvenger Poster of Substance 2 Year Member

MSU says :Wave:

Vinosker likes this.
  13. HoustonHusker

HoustonHusker Recruit

:Facepalm:BABY STEPS

Seth likes this.
  14. goodnterribles

goodnterribles All Big 10 5 Year Member

Isn't part of being a great coach running and administering your program? From that perspective, name one coach that is better than Saban right now. I hate the guy, but come on.

Seth, Red Reign, Vinosker and 2 others like this.
  15. The Impaler

The Impaler Cake or Death? 10 Year Member

Man. Some sensitive people over there. I know I have red blinders on but his comments didn’t seem negative to me at all.