• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska baseball lands HUGE 2019 commit

I would seriously love nothing more than for the Huskers to hoist a Natty Trophy in Baseball, well, except for Basketball, and to be totally honest, Number 6 in Football. Hell, I want a Natty in all 3 sports, and I may be drinking the Kool-Aid, but I seriously don't see why we can't pull it off within the next 10 years. GBR!!!

No offense, I am all for getting great talent but why would any top baseball prospect go to a mid-major program in a cold weather state?

Last edited:

No offense, I am all for getting great talent but why would any top baseball prospect go to a mid-major program in a cold weather state?
That's why when we win the B1G but struggle in post-season regionals people need to realize what we are dealing with. When we get a kid like this, gotta be thankful he's even giving us a look.

I'm confused with this statement and how B1G handles scholarships making it difficult to get him on campus?
I was thinking that BraskyMan was referring to him possibly being drafted after he signs but before he gets on campus. The B1G hasn't changed the scholarship allotment, yet, has it?

I was thinking that BraskyMan was referring to him possibly being drafted after he signs but before he gets on campus. The B1G hasn't changed the scholarship allotment, yet, has it?
No they haven't, but it will make it more difficult for us to replace him if he chooses to go pro, not get him here. His scholarship % is locked up now until 2020 and if he goes pro we can't use it on other prospects.

Last edited:

That rule is so ******* stupid.
So dumb. Someone told me Illinois and other schools actually hold a scholarship or two back for after the draft each year to go get a JUCO. If you fully use you allotment you can't use it to get someone. Iowa got lucky to get Jake Adams because they had scholarship money left and Nebraska didn't as we maxed out our offers. Went on to hit 29 HRs. Crazy.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back