• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska adds needed hitting help to 2018 class with Aaron Palensky from Papio South

LOVE IT!!!

Would prefer to get guys from a Division I JUCO rather than the DII JUCO, but its a good start.
What’s the difference there? I know there is one. Indiana inquiring peaked my interest. What’s weird is we are actually going to be ok hitting from the infield but our outfield needs work.

Now just need Wilkening to go later than 15th round to get him back, keep Gomes and Hammitt from getting drafted, and might not be a bad squad next year.

What’s the difference there? I know there is one. Indiana inquiring peaked my interest. What’s weird is we are actually going to be ok hitting from the infield but our outfield needs work.

Now just need Wilkening to go later than 15th round to get him back, keep Gomes and Hammitt from getting drafted, and might not be a bad squad next year.

Well, I think it may actually be some pretty genius recruiting. D1's are the Iowa Westerns, Indian Hills, and the Jayhawk league. They offer full scholarships. D2's have partials, I believe.

So, in the article, he says that Indiana "offered a little money" or something like that. I'm wonder if Nebraska gave him any $? If no, they have grabbed a D2 JUCO kid after his first year at a JUCO for no dollars, if they can turn the roster around like that and do it in a way that gets around the scholarship restrictions, absolutely genius.

Well, I think it may actually be some pretty genius recruiting. D1's are the Iowa Westerns, Indian Hills, and the Jayhawk league. They offer full scholarships. D2's have partials, I believe.

So, in the article, he says that Indiana "offered a little money" or something like that. I'm wonder if Nebraska gave him any $? If no, they have grabbed a D2 JUCO kid after his first year at a JUCO for no dollars, if they can turn the roster around like that and do it in a way that gets around the scholarship restrictions, absolutely genius.
Over on Rivals, one of their writers is hinting to another OF leaving, so sounds like some money opened up in my opinion. I don't think we have the pull to get someone here for free if Indiana is offering some money. But I don't know what Indiana's out of state fee is.

But to your point, this may be a place we can "park" some guys for a year. I'm also surprised we decided to go after someone first year when we let guys like Helman or Hoffman go.

Side note, the kid from Roncalli went 3rd overall in the draft. Not a bad pay day for a kid who only had a Wichita State offer because he grew 5" his senior year of high school.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back