• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NEB vs NW ST - 3-17-18 - 2:05 pm - Game 1 of 3 - HayMarket Park

CrnhskrBob

Husker Immortal
20 Year Member
Schreiber Smashes Two Homers as NU Routs Bears
By NU Athletic Communications
| 03/14/2018

BARHQCNUEEWZWIC.20180315004639.JPG

Photo by Scott Bruhn/Nebraska Communications

Lincoln, Neb. – The Nebraska baseball team (10-7) raced out to a 7-0 lead after two innings and never looked back in a 14-2 win over Northern Colorado at Hawks Field on Wednesday afternoon.

The Huskers and Bears (11-6) split their two-game set after UNC won on Tuesday by a 6-3 margin. Nebraska’s win snapped Northern Colorado’s six-game winning streak.

Senior Scott Schreiber’s bat continued where it left off on Tuesday, as he slugged two home runs on Wednesday. Schreiber, who went 3-for-4 with six RBIs and four runs scored on Wednesday, had a two-home run game for the fourth time in his career. He has 30 career home runs and 203 career hits after notching his 200th career hit on Tuesday. During the two-game series against Northern Colorado, Schreiber went 6-for-8.

Nebraska scored three runs in the opening frame. Jesse Wilkening roped an RBI double before Luke Roskam drove in two runs with a single to center field. In the second inning, NU added four runs on Schreiber’s grand slam to center field.

The rest of the article:

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=211705815

FYI:

Time Changes

By NU Athletic Communications
| 03/11/2018

Related:

BASEBALL SCHEDULE

Two Nebraska baseball home games have time changes, including one this weekend.

The Sunday, March 18 game against Northwestern State is now scheduled for 11:05 a.m.

The Sunday, May 13 game against Indiana is now scheduled for 11:05 a.m.

Check Huskers.com for schedule updates throughout the 2018 season.

Last edited:

It is NASTY here today. Cold, extremely windy. Not raining currently but more is supposed to be on its way. I call no game today.

The game has been postponed until tomorrow. Double header on Saturday. As per KFAB this morning.

It might have to do with pitching a double header when both teams weren't planning for it. Nate Fisher was already removed from the rotation this weekend. Flight schedules become a challenge on Sunday.

I know about Sunday's restrictions, but a Sat dh seemed feasible. EXCEPT, with Fisher not able to play, I am sure Darin is thinking, playing NW St 3 is not that important.

Thanks for the info.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back