• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NCAA tourney

Official Box Score: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=401025888

upload_2018-4-2_21-55-13.png

upload_2018-4-2_21-59-42.png

Last edited:
Congrats cats! Clearly the best team in the country...all 6 wins by double digits. Dante was unbelievable.

DiVincenzo was unbelievable. Seemed like every time Michigan had some small glimmer left, he drove another dagger into the Wolverines' heart. Nailing long-range threes ... wickedly quick drives to the hoop ... an insane two-handed block ... just awesome.

And that's what made Nova so damn good this season. Too many weapons. Impossible to stop them all. Michigan, on the other hand, if you contain Wagner enough, their offense isn't any good.

Last edited:

Very fun experience that ended just how I expected. Even with the slow start.

Villanova was clearly the best team all season and in the tournament. In maybe the wildest tournament ever, the cream rose to the top.

Michigan fans clearly out-numbered Nova fans (as they should -- much, much larger university and alumni base). While walking to the arena, I had to contend with endless "Let's Go Blue!" chants. Ugh. The walk back to the car after the game ... crickets.

Bought myself a brand-spanking new "Villanova National Champs" t-shirt in the concourse following the game ... and I can say that no one in the U.S. outside of that arena had that t-shirt yet. I put it on immediately to watch the Michigan fans bow down as I departed. lol.

Last edited:
DiVincenzo was unbelievable. Seemed like every time Michigan had some small glimmer left, he drove another dagger into the Wolverines' heart. Nailing long-range threes ... wickedly quick drives to the hoop ... an insane two-handed block ... just awesome.

And that's what made Nova so damn good this season. Too many weapons. Impossible to stop them all. Michigan, on the other hand, if you contain Wagner enough, their offense isn't any good.
That 2 handed block was a thing of beauty.

Crayton? How many Trophies do they have? I can't recall.

Probably wrong but I think Creighton made elite 8 a few years ago. Or final four in CWS. Or both.

You know Blue Jays was a football team? Disbanded in 1940's. A couple of seasons faced Huskers (Bugeaters) vs Blue Jays.

UPDATE: according to HMax histogram page
1904: 39-0 score
1905: 102-0 :eek:
1906: 17-0
All three games, Creighton victories (just kidding!)

Last edited:

Such a crazy tournament with such a boring Final 4. If Villanova was going to be beaten, it was that Texas Tech game. Kansas or Duke would have needed to catch Villanova on that day to net a win. Villanova clearly turned it up several notches in the tournament, really good teams do that.

I’m interested to see who comes back for Michigan. They could be really good if they stick around. They got a really good PF coming in next year.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back