• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NCAA Tourney Games Thread

That's been a complaint for 40 years. And in those times when a ref does make that call, we hear 'I hate when refs decide the games, let the players do it on the court'. It's a no win for officials.

I do disagree on the offensive rebounds late. The Oregon player was lazy on the first and still lazy on the second. Get your ass down, find the man next to you, and put a body on him. The guy did the casual stroll in and he paid for it. You don't call contact when a guy isn't trying to maintain position, and the inside man wasn't.
I understand the swallowing of the whistle, doesn't make it right. We will disagree on maintaining position though. Meeks pushed thru him. Just my opinion.

I understand the swallowing of the whistle, doesn't make it right. We will disagree on maintaining position though. Meeks pushed thru him. Just my opinion.

Squatch, he didn't even check out. Both times he just turned and walked toward the basket. Rebounding 101 says find your man and get low and wide. Meeks walking through him just shows me a guy who wants it more. No hands pushing in the back, because that's an easy call. The Oregon kid never even tried to establish position. You don't reward a kid for playing with sloppy fundamentals or lazy.

Squatch, he didn't even check out. Both times he just turned and walked toward the basket. Rebounding 101 says find your man and get low and wide. Meeks walking through him just shows me a guy who wants it more. No hands pushing in the back, because that's an easy call. The Oregon kid never even tried to establish position. You don't reward a kid for playing with sloppy fundamentals or lazy.
I used to tell my players that they will get that call if they truly try to block him out...if they go straight to the basket, forget about it.

On a side note, I got an empty bracket and filled it out again. I still couldn't pick the final four correctly. :wow:

I used to tell my players that they will get that call if they truly try to block him out...if they go straight to the basket, forget about it.

On a side note, I got an empty bracket and filled it out again. I still couldn't pick the final four correctly. :wow:
Ah, LOSER!!!! HAHAHA!!!! I wanted Gonzaga early on to win it all, but I actually picked Kansas against UNC. So, I at least got half of each. UNC in the final, and perhaps Gonzaga slays the giant Monday night.

Tonight, Monday, @ 6:20 pm Pacific, for the Whole Enchilada! :Hooray: Go Zags! :Banana: (closet Zags Fan
All-Devaney_ph34r.png
)

(Ha, Talk about a loser; I had both Zags & NC eliminated in the Sweet 16)

Last edited:
This game is a "pick em". I'm really surprised UNC isn't a 3 point or so favorite. I haven't had much luck picking against Gonzaga but I really think UNC is going to win...but I hate UNC and don't want to bet on them. Ugh.

Gonzaga just isn't playing it's game. They still look really nervous, and they keep missing those 4, 5, and 6 foot floaters, dammit. C'mon Zags...... Pull this off....

This flagrant call on the giant is a joke. The miss st. Women got Texased on a similar deal again uconn. Dumb as hell.
Yeah, I agree. MSU won their game though, so, let's hope Gonzaga slays the Giant(UNC) at the end here also.

Zags 7 minutes without a bucket and only trail by 2. Amazing

Last edited:

Heels should be rolling in this game. They are 3-22 from 3 with a lot of good looks. Just 7 of 22 and they'd be coasting

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back