• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NCAA Men’s Championship Tournament Thread

Big Red Shrine

Elite Poster
5 Year Member
#1 seeds-Duke, Virginia, N Carolina, Gonzaga

8 teams from BIG

Michigan St gets jobbed by getting bracketed with Duke.

No Nebraska teams in, really disappointing.

#1 seeds-Duke, Virginia, N Carolina, Gonzaga

8 teams from BIG

Michigan St gets jobbed by getting bracketed with Duke.

No Nebraska teams in, really disappointing.

Wash DC is closer to campus than KC... that is one of the bracketing rules.

Oregon will be the popular 12 v 5 pick against Wisconsin.

Mostly because 12 seeds tend to be popular picks against 5 seeds (due to history, of course). But oftentimes, the 12-seed is a really, really good mid-major team. Oregon, really has no business being in the NCAA Tournament. Obviously, the automatic got 'em in. But the Pac-12 was total trash this season. And I truly hope Wisconsin handles the Ducks.

Mostly because 12 seeds tend to be popular picks against 5 seeds (due to history, of course). But oftentimes, the 12-seed is a really, really good mid-major team. Oregon, really has no business being in the NCAA Tournament. Obviously, the automatic got 'em in. But the Pac-12 was total trash this season. And I truly hope Wisconsin handles the Ducks.
Many say the Ducks are playing as well as anyone, and the Badgers limped into the tournament. I guess we see how the game plays out to assess the teams in March.

Many say the Ducks are playing as well as anyone, and the Badgers limped into the tournament. I guess we see how the game plays out to assess the teams in March.

Yes, Oregon rattled off quite a few wins the past 2-3 weeks. But again -- Pac-12 games. I don't remember the last time the Pac-12 has impressed me.

Wisconsin won 6 of their last 8 (and 12 of 16). I don't know that I'd call that limping into the tournament.

But as you say, we'll see how the games play out. (I won't be picking Oregon to win in any of my brackets -- not that I'm always right.)

Last edited:
Yes, Oregon rattled off quite a few wins the past 2-3 weeks. But again -- Pac-12 games. I don't remember the last time the Pac-12 has impressed me.

Wisconsin won 6 of their last 8 (and 12 of 16). I don't know that I'd call that limping into the tournament.

But as you say, we'll see how the games play out. (I won't be picking Oregon to win in any of my brackets -- not that I'm always right.)
Altman makes the difference in my mind. No, the PAC hasn’t been good this year, but Altman knows the tournament and how to get his team ready. I like Wiscy, but they looked tired against us.

Altman makes the difference in my mind. No, the PAC hasn’t been good this year, but Altman knows the tournament and how to get his team ready. I like Wiscy, but they looked tired against us.

I do agree, Altman is definitely a factor. He's tournament tested and savvy.

If Oregon had a healthy Bol Bol this season, they probably would have won the Pac-12 regular season.

I do agree, Altman is definitely a factor. He's tournament tested and savvy.

If Oregon had a healthy Bol Bol this season, they probably would have won the Pac-12 regular season.
Toss in the kid with the broken jaw, and I think one of their younger studs transferred mid season, and it makes Altman’s coaching job look pretty solid. Oregon seems more athletic, and if they can contain Happ, they can make it a game. I’ll pick them in one of my brackets.

Toss in the kid with the broken jaw, and I think one of their younger studs transferred mid season, and it makes Altman’s coaching job look pretty solid. Oregon seems more athletic, and if they can contain Happ, they can make it a game. I’ll pick them in one of my brackets.

A solid argument.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back