• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nationals Fans?

That is the million dollar question. Most everyone is not expecting this to last...but so far it has been an entertaining ride. Their biggest area of concern is the bullpen...

Would be nice if they could unload Ryan Braun...but he is paid too much $$$
I don't know anything about your bullpen. But I'll trade and give it a try!

Also, is Lane Grindle getting much air time yet? And how is he in that role?

[QUOTE="Also, is Lane Grindle getting much air time yet? And how is he in that role?[/QUOTE]

Very rarely listen on the radio...and that has nothing to do with Grindle...I am probably the only person who ever listens to Brewer's announcer Uecker that thinks he's a terrible radio man...funny yes...but not a good 'listen' if you want to know what's going on ...on the field

Boomerang for nats fans. Give up 4 in 1st inning Fri but had a walk off win in the 10th. Sat won 18-3. Now today gave up 5 runs in 1st inning. Fri was Strasburg and today Roark. Not very consistent this series!

Nationals get Howie Kendrick for peanuts. They get him for basically $187k and only give up their 17th best prospect. With 4 outfielders on the DL, he can help once his bruise heals up. Plus, come October, it's great for the bench. He can replace Raburn or Heisey on the roster and can pinch hit when needed. Good right-handed bat.

Still need some bullpen help. I bet they add someone soon.

They built a 13 game lead in the NL East. Just get healthy and cost towards October. The Dodgers are really good and everyone thinks it's just a forgone conclusion that they will make the World Series. Sure, they should be the favorite, but if the Nats get healthy they can hang. They still got Scherzer, Strasburg, Harper, Murphy, Zimmerman, and Rendon. That's not exactly chopped liver.

Brandon Kintzler!!! Rizzo's moves might not be as sexy as New York or Chicago's move, but their World Series chances just went up considerably with their 4 moves.

I am a Giants fan, as most of you know. I really had a bad taste in my mouth concerning Bryce Harper, but I have come to understand he is just young and aggressive. When Papelbon (sp?) acted like an idiot in the dugout toward him, I found myself sticking up for the kid.

Tonight, he got the scare of his life; I hope he comes back soon. This kid is a superstar, period!! Good luck, Bryce.

I am a Giants fan,
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
hhn.gif

I am a Giants fan, as most of you know. I really had a bad taste in my mouth concerning Bryce Harper, but I have come to understand he is just young and aggressive. When Papelbon (sp?) acted like an idiot in the dugout toward him, I found myself sticking up for the kid.

Tonight, he got the scare of his life; I hope he comes back soon. This kid is a superstar, period!! Good luck, Bryce.
I can see how Harper rubbed people the wrong way the first year or two. But if you look past that he has really matured. He is fine and I'm a fan. I don't think he will be a Nat after 2018. But oh well. People really do need to forget those first few young man mistakes. He isn't prefect, but has grown a lot.

Brandon Kintzler!!! Rizzo's moves might not be as sexy as New York or Chicago's move, but their World Series chances just went up considerably with their 4 moves.
Kintzler was a key move. And I bet the Twins are regretting that move at this point

I can see how Harper rubbed people the wrong way the first year or two. But if you look past that he has really matured. He is fine and I'm a fan. I don't think he will be a Nat after 2018. But oh well. People really do need to forget those first few young man mistakes. He isn't prefect, but has grown a lot.

Yes, we do see eye to eye. I hope the Giants pick him up, but can't see the Nats letting him go.
I would love to have him as a Giant!!:Bow::Bow:

Yes, we do see eye to eye. I hope the Giants pick him up, but can't see the Nats letting him go.
Harper will not resign with the Nats in my opinion. Hope I'm wrong. If I had to guess , I'd say Cubs. But who knows. The Nats owners have a lot of good history with Boras, his agent. So it is possible. But I can't imagine he doesn't test the market. And that never bodes well for the original team.

Just fill the truck with $420 million for 15 years and he'll be a Giant. Thing is he is probably going to get it and is worth it, in baseball sense. The cash payout on tonight's Power Ball winning ticket, wouldn't come close to signing him.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back