• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

N2FL Ranks the 2018 Commits

Do you feel like you could objectively rank him against the other positions we currently have in the class? If so, where would you put him?
I don't know. If you can rank a d-back against a TE, or a RB against a DT, then you can effectively evaluate a 5* kicker as well, can't you?

I don't know. If you can rank a d-back against a TE, or a RB against a DT, then you can effectively evaluate a 5* kicker as well, can't you?

I mean of course you can rank a kicker with the bunch, but not objectively, they'll always be at the bottom. There's not enough variables or dimesion to the position when compared to those you listed. And the physical tools and attributes that go into the kicking position when put against the others isn't comparable. There's just not enough substance to the position to compare it to the rest. Yes the other positions have different variables from one another, but there is way more you can evaluate with each that leads you to a point where you can start to rank them regardless of position.

I'm not saying the position of place kicker is easy, it's definitely not. But there is a reason that most aren't ranked by services, and when they are, don't garner more than 3 stars.

I've penciled in Cameron Brown at #5. Though my prediction is #6.

1. CB Brendan Radley-Hiles (Florida) recruited by Donte Williams
2. WR Manuel Allen (California) recruited by Keith Williams
3. Ath. Cameron Jurgens (Nebraska)
4. Ath. Eric Fuller (California) recruited by Keith Williams and Donte Williams
5. Ath. Chase Williams (California) recruited by Donte Williams and Keith Williams
6. WR Cameron Brown (Missouri) recruited by Keith Williams
7. DE Tate Wildeman (Colorado) recruited by Bob Diaco and John Parrella
8. OL Will Farniok (South Dakota) recruited by Mike Cavanaugh
9. DT Masry Mapieu (Nebraska) recruited by John Parrella

* K Barret Pickering (Alabama)[/QUOTE]

Boy... our line recruiting looks a little underwhelming when looking at this list. That being said, I get the Mapieu offer so i'm not mad there. But I kind of tilted my head at taking Wildeman. And I am not as impressed with Will Farniok as other coaches or message board members. I watched him at USD camp and some other linemen kind of rolled him, but I am taking that with a grain of salt because I don't know what age he was (plus I only saw him in one on ones not team where awards are handed out and the real stuff matters).

Boy... our line recruiting looks a little underwhelming when looking at this list. That being said, I get the Mapieu offer so i'm not mad there. But I kind of tilted my head at taking Wildeman. And I am not as impressed with Will Farniok as other coaches or message board members. I watched him at USD camp and some other linemen kind of rolled him, but I am taking that with a grain of salt because I don't know what age he was (plus I only saw him in one on ones not team where awards are handed out and the real stuff matters).

Tell us how you really feel?!! :thumbsup:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back