• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

N2FL Ranks the 2018 Commits

The 2017 class had a lot of build up last year and was expected to be the class that many expected a lot of in-state kids to be a part of it. Thanks in large part to team needs (i.e. not a big need for interior OL) and being in the running for, frankly, much better players nationally, it looks like 2018 is potentially going to be the big in-state year.

As for 2017, I think Patrick Arnold and Tyler Ciurej might have to wait and potentially not get offers. IMPO they are normally offer worthy but the huge need at OT might dictate they are bypassed. Also, like I pointed out in another post on another thread, guys like Broc Bando and Matt Sichterman (both recruited to play OT) could easily slide inside. I think the staff likes the philosophy of recruiting tackles and sliding them inside if needed once they are on campus. At least in this class.

2018 seems like a better bet to see Husker kids included. Next year the Huskers will want to add a couple interior guys and I think they would be quite happy if Will Farniok is one and I could see AJ Forbes being the other. Besides Jurgens and Mapieu, I think DT Bryson Williams and Ath. Moses Bryant will both also earn Husker offers eventually. I could easily see 5 in-state kids being a part of the 2018 class at this point.

1. TE Cameron Jurgens (Nebraska)
2. DT Masry Mapieu (Nebraska) recruited by John Parrella

IMPO Jurgens and Mapieu are the two best in-state prospects to come out of Nebraska since the 2014 class that featured Jerald Foster and Harrison Phillips.

Nebraska bias is strong with this list.

on a serious note....Mapieu is 270# now. any idea what his college playing weight might be? is 330# too high?

Nebraska bias is strong with this list.

on a serious note....Mapieu is 270# now. any idea what his college playing weight might be? is 330# too high?

Oh yeah, 330 is probably too high IMPO. I think he will need to reshape his body some when he gets to Nebraska (almost all OL and DL need to). I could see him in the 300-315 range.

Last edited:
1. TE Cameron Jurgens (Nebraska)
2. DT Masry Mapieu (Nebraska) recruited by John Parrella

IMPO Jurgens and Mapieu are the two best in-state prospects to come out of Nebraska since the 2014 class that featured Jerald Foster and Harrison Phillips.

Maybe since 2008 with Steinkuhler and Robinson (much less had we known how good Prater would be)

The 2017 class had a lot of build up last year and was expected to be the class that many expected a lot of in-state kids to be a part of it. Thanks in large part to team needs (i.e. not a big need for interior OL) and being in the running for, frankly, much better players nationally, it looks like 2018 is potentially going to be the big in-state year.

As for 2017, I think Patrick Arnold and Tyler Ciurej might have to wait and potentially not get offers. IMPO they are normally offer worthy but the huge need at OT might dictate they are bypassed. Also, like I pointed out in another post on another thread, guys like Broc Bando and Matt Sichterman (both recruited to play OT) could easily slide inside. I think the staff likes the philosophy of recruiting tackles and sliding them inside if needed once they are on campus. At least in this class.

2018 seems like a better bet to see Husker kids included. Next year the Huskers will want to add a couple interior guys and I think they would be quite happy if Will Farniok is one and I could see AJ Forbes being the other. Besides Jurgens and Mapieu, I think DT Bryson Williams and Ath. Moses Bryant will both also earn Husker offers eventually. I could easily see 5 in-state kids being a part of the 2018 class at this point.
Excellent!

N2FL, can you list the 2018 offers, and is there a way to find out all the prospects were looking at.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back