• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

My Gut Reaction on Bob Diaco

Is Bob Diaco a good hire?

• Yes

Votes: 109 97.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters

Looks like Troll Paramus has taken over the thread. Just ignore the troll.

If you can't ignore me, how do you expect anyone else to?

As a troll detective, are Shatel and McKewon also on your list of suspects? They are saying the same thing as me!

:Biggrin:

Last edited:
There you go making assumptions again!

Hey buddy, just do me one favor. Please admit that Shatel, McKewon and I are on the same page on this issue, and then we can let it go.

You really want to put yourself in with those two. A little drama is job security for them, what's your agenda?

I'm not your buddy. I'm not making assumptions either. You have stated in this thread that if Eichorst forced the move he wouldn't admit it. Just extending the logic a bit that Riley wouldn't either. So if either of them come out and say it wasn't forced, clearly you won't believe it. Therefore, the only thing you would believe is if they said it was forced.

I am done with you on this, now we're just repeating arguments. Troll away at the current staff.

You are full of nonsense. There are numerous possible scenarios. Most likely, Devaney and/or Eichorst came up with the idea and Riley went along with it. I am certain that Eichorst has to sign Banker's extention before it can go into affect. If Eichorst was unwilling to sign an extention for Banker, what could Riley do other than accept it?

I am not saying that is what happened, but it is possible. I would imagine that if Eichorst and Devaney presented the idea to Riley, that Riley most likely agreed with it and it was a fairly amicable decision process.

I just hope MR doesn't resent the hiring of coach Diaco. It looks like he is already more popular than Mike.

Last edited:
Hate to tell you this, but Diaco's flight was booked before Riley even knew he was a possibility to be our DC.

There you go! Thank you Mr. ***! Just as I suspected...most likely MR did not even know who Bob Diaco was until he was hired! And yet people insist on giving MR credit for this brilliant move!

What a joke!

:Lol:

So ***, do you think Diaco and Riley will get along OK? They say opposites attract, so maybe they will.

Last edited:
There you go! Thank you Mr. ***! Just as I suspected...most likely MR did not even know who Bob Diaco was until he was hired! And yet people insist on giving MR credit for this brilliant move!

What a joke!

I wouldn't say he didn't know who he was. He definitely said he would take him as his DC. But he sent Mark Banker out on the road that day expecting him to be his DC for 2017, not that he was going to fire him within 24 hours over the phone.

I don't have all the info, but the truth is somewhere in the middle. What i'm gathering is Diaco was presented and a "yes" was given.

Last edited:
You really want to put yourself in with those two. A little drama is job security for them, what's your agenda?

He's desperately hoping they're the other two voters in the poll who think Diaco was a bad hire. Misery loves company.

I wouldn't say he didn't know who he was. He definitely said he would take him as his DC. But he sent Mark Banker out on the road that day expecting him to be his DC for 2017, not that he was going to fire him within 24 hours over the phone.

I don't have all the info, but the truth is somewhere in the middle. What i'm gathering is Diaco was presented and a "yes" was given.

Seems MR has a right hand man for a reason and would suspect Devaney saw a great potential candidate to fix a problem. set it up, discussed with MR and they agreed it would benefit the program. How can that be anything but a positive given the lack of communication with players and very little recruiting success on Banker's part.

Last edited:

What a joke!

So ***, do you think Diaco and Riley will get along OK? They say opposites attract, so maybe they will.

Putz POTY.

Hate to tell you this, but Diaco's flight was booked before Riley even knew he was a possibility to be our DC.
Yeah, I suppose he asked his secretary, Mr. Devaney, to find him a few candidates...that happens a lot in business. LOL...get with it. BTW, no reason to pretend you're still an insider by making things up.

Did BD handle Mark Banker's flight home for him too? Travel arrangements can be tricky.

Last edited:

Hate to tell you this, but Diaco's flight was booked before Riley even knew he was a possibility to be our DC. But he sent Mark Banker out on the road that day expecting him to be his DC for 2017, not that he was going to fire him within 24 hours over the phone.

If you are saying that the Bob Diaco hire was not a Mike Riley initiative, then I am afraid that I am going to have to report you to the Troll Detectives!

Bilsker, are you out there? I found another guy who is not giving full credit to MR for the Diaco hire! I am sure you would like to charge him with trolling!

Bilsker, you need to tell folks to ignore this *** Fellow! Trolls are not to be fed!

Do your job, Sheriff!

Note: Atta Boy Mr Devaney and Mr Eichorst. I think Diaco is a great hire!

Last edited:

I thought Banker had been in Oregon visiting family and was going to see a recruit from there. Was that report wrong? Or are you having fun with someone?

If you are saying that the Bob Diaco hire was not a Mike Riley initiative, then I am afraid that I am going to have to report you to the Troll Detectives!

Bilsker, are you out there? I found another guy who is not giving full credit to MR for the Diaco hire! I am sure you would like to charge him with trolling!

Bilsker, you need to tell folks to ignore this *** Fellow! Trolls are not to be fed!

Note: Atta Boy Mr Devaney and Mr Eichorst. I think Diaco is a great hire!

It's an even better hire if somehow you can find a way to rub Riley's nose in it, right? Who cares about the dynamics involved with the hire if ultimately it works out for the better? Oh wait, you do. What a drab, petty existence you must lead.

GET TICKETS

Back