• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked My favorite 2017 recruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Probably not the best or most talented but my favorite is Jordan Paup. After reading Sam's article, wow! The kid's family doesn't have any money, yet he is forgoing scholarships to walk-on and pursue his dream. And if the 4.55 40 is legit (don't know why it wouldn't be) he has some serious potential. Can't wait to see him progress. Reminds me of Jano.

Probably not the best or most talented but my favorite is Jordan Paup. After reading Sam's article, wow! The kid's family doesn't have any money, yet he is forgoing scholarships to walk-on and pursue his dream. And if the 4.55 40 is legit (don't know why it wouldn't be) he has some serious potential. Can't wait to see him progress. Reminds me of Jano.
That would be nice. Jano was a serious player. He did not have huge numbers but affected every game he was in.

Keyshawn has to be ranked right up there. Not just for what he can do athletically, but for what he brought to the table with peer recruiting and opening doors in California. I think the impact of KJJ will resonate with future classes as well, especially if he is successful on the field.
This X1000

While I agree with this I think that KJJ goes the same route as TGeb and redshirts, simply because they are best friends & they want to do this together. I think KJJ is the next Westerkamp. :nod:
I think if KJJ plays this year, it would be as more of an HBack... he's really thick and doesn't move quickly off the line. When he was sick in the hospital after his appendectomy, he couldn't believe his weight had dropped to 195. I think he's got the chance to be a really valuable go-to target. He likely redshirts this year and keeps in step with Gebbia as suggested here.

Should say my favorite recruit is Deionte Watts... he never committed three times, but he committed on signing day and I think he anchors the defense starting next year.

EDIT: I meant Damion Daniels (too many D's on the D-Line). He will anchor the the HUSHERS!

Last edited:

I think if KJJ plays this year, it would be as more of an HBack... he's really thick and doesn't move quickly off the line. When he was sick in the hospital after his appendectomy, he couldn't believe his weight had dropped to 195. I think he's got the chance to be a really valuable go-to target. He likely redshirts this year and keeps in step with Gebbia as suggested here.

Should say my favorite recruit is Deionte Watts... he never committed three times, but he committed on signing day and I think he anchors the defense starting next year.

EDIT: I meant Damion Daniels (too many D's on the D-Line). He will anchor the the HUSHERS!
I hope you are right about Daniel's, because that's a lot to ask of a freshman who continues to learn the 2 gap system employed in the 3-4

I hope you are right about Daniel's, because that's a lot to ask of a freshman who continues to learn the 2 gap system employed in the 3-4
didn't Diaco say in his initial interview that the 3-4 does not always require the DL to play 2 gap?

Agreed, definitely some flexibility there, but ideally, he's going to want his NT to learn how to play 2-gap or he won't be able to utilize his defense in the manner he did at ND. Maybe he keeps it simple in the beginning and uses Daniel's in packages not requiring 2-gap responsibility??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back