• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

My Blue Jay pet, Peeves

One of my biggest peeves is people who are Husker fans during the fall but Creighton fans come winter. Is it acceptable for a person from Kansas to be a Wildcat during the fall and jump on the Jay hawk bandwagon for bball? No and it should not be accepted in Nebraska either. When you bleed red you do it all of the time not just some of the time.

I'd just like to have a Husker Hoops board on this Husker fan site that wasn't polluted by creighton fans who are naturally going to try to heap criticism on our program, whether we're successful and particularly when we struggle.

I recognize that creighton fans recognize themselves as a fan of whichever t-shirt they pull out of the closet each and every week, but for fans that are dedicated to their school and their team through thick and thin that isn't how it works.

I'd just like to have a Husker Hoops board on this Husker fan site that wasn't polluted by creighton fans who are naturally going to try to heap criticism on our program, whether we're successful and particularly when we struggle.

I recognize that creighton fans recognize themselves as a fan of whichever t-shirt they pull out of the closet each and every week, but for fans that are dedicated to their school and their team through thick and thin that isn't how it works.

I'd just like to have a Husker hoops board on this Husker fan site that wasn't polluted by one man's bitterness, bigotry, and lies. I recognize that some people are so clouded by their own misery that they can't help but judge everyone and say hateful and untrue things, but for fans that are dedicated to the joy of college sports, that isn't how it works.

Same goes for the Football and Recruiting Boards...

Last edited:

Nebraska's solidly my #2 team. I like to see them win.

I loved the Nee years. Have enjoyed watching them in the NIT.

If they start putting a good product on the floor, maybe that'll sway me and others.

Until then, since I have cheered them on and would much rather see them win than lose, I and others have every right to post on this board.

B-ball isn't close to being the same as football to the vast majority of us (sure, there are diehards, but I'd say they're the exception). We're Nebraskans. Basketball is a side show.

I'd just like to have a Husker hoops board on this Husker fan site that wasn't polluted by one man's bitterness, bigotry, and lies. I recognize that some people are so clouded by their own misery that they can't help but judge everyone and say hateful and untrue things, but for fans that are dedicated to the joy of college sports, that isn't how it works.

Same goes for the Football and Recruiting Boards...

Amen.

The resident "Creighton fan" has started one thread on this board this year, I think. And generally keeps Creighton talk OUT of husker threads unless first brought up by fred or jay. I'm sure maybe I've slipped here and there but that's generally my MO. The bitterman constantly brings up Creighton in his posts....it's who he is.

I have basketball season tickets for both NU mens and CU mens teams. I hate going to the games matching the two teams because I hear stupid demeaning talk in both venues about the other. For example, if I'm at the Devaney watching CU and NU, some Husker idiot near me will say somthing stupid about the Bluejays. If I'm at CenturyLink watching NU play CU, some Bluejay idiot near me will say something stupid about the Huskers.

I like both teams, and my dream is to see both of them play in the sweet 16 someday. Right now it sure looks like the Jays will be more likely to achieve that than the Huskers, though. And like it or not, it's more fun to watch CU basketball currently than Husker basketball.

I have basketball season tickets for both NU mens and CU mens teams. I hate going to the games matching the two teams because I hear stupid demeaning talk in both venues about the other. For example, if I'm at the Devaney watching CU and NU, some Husker idiot near me will say somthing stupid about the Bluejays. If I'm at CenturyLink watching NU play CU, some Bluejay idiot near me will say something stupid about the Huskers.

I like both teams, and my dream is to see both of them play in the sweet 16 someday. Right now it sure looks like the Jays will be more likely to achieve that than the Huskers, though. And like it or not, it's more fun to watch CU basketball currently than Husker basketball.

As a Husker fan, I also cringe when I hear a Husker fan shout something demeaning about the opposing team. It is omnipresent in sports but it is something I could do without.

I also agree that it is more fun to watch successful, winning basketball than Husker basketball.

We like to see teams succeed. Being a fan of a front-runner is omnipresent in sports but I can honestly tell you that I never enjoyed watching TEXAS or OKLAHOMA or KSU football more than NU, even in times when the Huskers struggled to these other teams.

Last edited:

As a Husker fan, I also cringe when I hear a Husker fan shout something demeaning about the opposing team. It is omnipresent in sports but it is something I could do without.

I also agree that it is more fun to watch successful, winning basketball than Husker basketball.

We like to see teams succeed. Being a fan of a front-runner is omnipresent in sports but I can honestly tell you that I never enjoyed watching TEXAS or OKLAHOMA or KSU football more than NU, even in times when the Huskers struggled to these other teams.

If Husker football had the history of NU Men's basketball you might though.

Why? Some fans need titles and ranking to stay interested. Others are drawn to a team for different reason like memories from childhood or their college days.

Just saying that as an NU football fan we have experienced more (MUCH MORE) success than in basketball. So therefore, when NU has some down years it's much easier to stay interested and not find yourself more interested in other teams. As an NU basketball fan, that's not the case, it's very easy to kind of become interested in other regional teams. I didn't think there was too much to be argued about in that statement. If NU football struggled year in and year out like the basketball program, and getting to a bowl game rarely happened, there would be much less interest in that program.

Last edited:

Nice attempt at taking a shot...."front runner".

Yes, there ARE front-runners with every successful team. They are the difference between 1/2 full stadiums and arenas and full stadiums and arenas. So be it. But Creighton, to a great many Omahans is NOTHING like Texas or Oklahoma or KSU.

Get a clue.

Nice attempt at taking a shot...."front runner".

Yes, there ARE front-runners with every successful team. They are the difference between 1/2 full stadiums and arenas and full stadiums and arenas. So be it. But Creighton, to a great many Omahans is NOTHING like Texas or Oklahoma or KSU.

Get a clue.

Since you like Creighton so much why dont you spend your saturdays this fall chearing on the soccer team?? Thats what a fan of a program would do.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back