• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

My 10-Day Music Stretch

Rowdy Reddy Piper

Don't Bother Runnin'...
5 Year Member
We will be wrapping up a four-concert stretch here on Saturday, but wanted to share what we've seen to this point.

Starting last Wednesday, we were in Denver and saw the Apocalyptica - Plays Metallica 20 year Anniversary show. These guys are from Finland and recreate Metallica songs (Black Album and earlier) on four cellos. It was an awesome show, and I recommend anyone who likes metal to go see them. Very, very rockin' show, and they really demonstrate the range of the instrument as well as showcasing the complexity of the music that might have been lost in the loudness or distortion.

Then, this past Saturday, we saw the indie rock band Kaleo in Denver. Another highly-recommended show to catch, if you can. Earlier in the week, they were opening for the Rolling Stones in Europe, and then played two shows at the Paramount in Denver. The opening band, Wilder, was too man-bun-pretentious for my tastes, but Kaleo was awesome. I'd say they have a hipster-blues sound without the snotty attitude.

On Monday, we saw Megadeth and Scorpions in Denver. Megadeth was amazing. They played tight, moved from song to song, and generally kicked ass. Scorpions had some odd song choices and didn't get close to playing all of their hits. But they sounded great, especially for being close to 70 years old.

Do you live near Denver and if so, why didn't you go to the meetup?

Saw Scorpions last summer. Good show. Lately I have gotten into their 70s/80s stuff before 'Blackout'.

Would have loved to see Megadeth.

We will be wrapping up a four-concert stretch here on Saturday, but wanted to share what we've seen to this point.

Starting last Wednesday, we were in Denver and saw the Apocalyptica - Plays Metallica 20 year Anniversary show. These guys are from Finland and recreate Metallica songs (Black Album and earlier) on four cellos. It was an awesome show, and I recommend anyone who likes metal to go see them. Very, very rockin' show, and they really demonstrate the range of the instrument as well as showcasing the complexity of the music that might have been lost in the loudness or distortion.

Then, this past Saturday, we saw the indie rock band Kaleo in Denver. Another highly-recommended show to catch, if you can. Earlier in the week, they were opening for the Rolling Stones in Europe, and then played two shows at the Paramount in Denver. The opening band, Wilder, was too man-bun-pretentious for my tastes, but Kaleo was awesome. I'd say they have a hipster-blues sound without the snotty attitude.

On Monday, we saw Megadeth and Scorpions in Denver. Megadeth was amazing. They played tight, moved from song to song, and generally kicked ass. Scorpions had some odd song choices and didn't get close to playing all of their hits. But they sounded great, especially for being close to 70 years old.
AWESOME! And a little jealous here. Kaleo is a killer band, Megadeth, well, yeah, they kick ass too. Been a Scorpions fan since way back, so, very cool to read your post.

Do you live near Denver and if so, why didn't you go to the meetup?

Saw Scorpions last summer. Good show. Lately I have gotten into their 70s/80s stuff before 'Blackout'.

Would have loved to see Megadeth.
Just visited the area for a short time. But, it coincided with some awesome shows!

Oh, and to wrap up, we're catching Avatar this weekend in Omaha. 10 days, four shows, seven bands.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back