• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Most annoying HC in B1G Twitter Poll; Mocking opponent

Husker Country Doc

Heisman
20 Year Member

Saw this on Twitter, and PJ Fleck was running away with it.

Which then got me to thinking about what our players were doing late in the game vs. Minny: mocking them from the sideline: The video should start at 2:26:30

Win or lose, NU has always done it with dignity. Not a fan of mocking the opponent, no matter how well deserved. This seems to even be coach-approved, as it done openly in front of them.

Nitpicking, here, I realize, and maybe it was a motivational tool for HCSF, but I hope it doesn't become a pattern.

Your thoughts?

Which then got me to thinking about what our players were doing late in the game vs. Minny: mocking them from the sideline: The video should start at 2:26:30

Win or lose, NU has always done it with dignity. Not a fan of mocking the opponent, no matter how well deserved. This seems to even be coach-approved, as it done openly in front of them.

Nitpicking, here, I realize, and maybe it was a motivational tool for HCSF, but I hope it doesn't become a pattern.

Your thoughts?

I think this was a response to some Gopher shenanigans from last year. If I recall correctly, there was a lot of chatter and mocking coming from their sideline during that game.

I think this was a response to some Gopher shenanigans from last year. If I recall correctly, there was a lot of chatter and mocking coming from their sideline during that game.

That makes some sense. But knocking of Minny should not be celebrated going forward. Our goals are bigger.

Your thoughts?

Umm have you seen the end of the 95 Bowl against FL. Where our players are standing on the sideline mocking the pulling of the train whistle cord that the FL players did early in the game. It is part of the Joy of Sports. Let the kids have a little fun. They were not doing it on the field or in their faces. It was on the sidelines.

Umm have you seen the end of the 95 Bowl against FL. Where our players are standing on the sideline mocking the pulling of the train whistle cord that the FL players did early in the game. It is part of the Joy of Sports. Let the kids have a little fun. They were not doing it on the field or in their faces. It was on the sidelines.

They should have been doing the gator chomp.

I'm good with it.

PJ Fleck's "row the boat" thing is about 5 years overdue for a painful death. He takes that mantra with him from school to school, and has even emblazoned it on each team's uniforms.

Yes, there's a slight risk of being the pot calling the kettle black as Frost did the area code helmet thing at UCF and now Nebraska. But Fleck is way more egregious with it. He tried to trademark the phrase, if I recall, and license it back to Nike or something like that.

Basically, just imagine that Bob Ross became your head coach and suddenly your football uniform had happy little trees all over it. Only Bob Ross is cool and PJ Fleck seems like a massive douche.

I am indifferent to PJ and what he brings to the table; but I do agree, Bob Ross is frickin cool.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back