• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Morning practices confirmed

Bluffsker

Recruit
2 Year Member
Morning practice schedule is in place for this fall. Frost is getting what he asked for from administration and the Unity of Purpose at the University is beginning to show.

Getting the practice roster up to 160-180 is probably just as imlimport if not more important. Once this happens, watch out. Big Red will be back.

Morning practice schedule is in place for this fall. Frost is getting what he asked for from administration and the Unity of Purpose at the University is beginning to show.

Getting the practice roster up to 160-180 is probably just as imlimport if not more important. Once this happens, watch out. Big Red will be back.
Pal last time I checked only 11 at a time were allowed, now if 160 could play at one time we might be a slight favorite over Alabama:Biggrin:

I think the number will be more like 140-150. Title IX is the main issue here.

I think the number will be more like 140-150. Title IX is the main issue here.

Yep. Impossible to get walk-ons in some of the sports at the same proportion as football walkons...I assume they at least need to show efforts at seeking proportional numbers...but I certainly have no inside info as to what the real barriers are. Anyone?

Yep. Impossible to get walk-ons in some of the sports at the same proportion as football walkons...I assume they at least need to show efforts at seeking proportional numbers...but I certainly have no inside info as to what the real barriers are. Anyone?

I thought Title IX only impacted scholarship $$$ across men’s and women’s sports? I wasn’t aware it affected walk-ons although I’ve been wrong before

I thought Title IX only impacted scholarship $$$ across men’s and women’s sports? I wasn’t aware it affected walk-ons although I’ve been wrong before

Not schollie numbers because we've been at our limit of scholarships in football all along, and those numbers won't change going forward (I presume that women's sports at Nebraska also fund programs to the limit of schollies allowable). It's the non-schollie players, and "equal opportunities to participate" as best I know - expanding our roster with walkons apparently puts some strain on appearances given modern-day regulations.

Title IX is a comprehensive federal law that prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in any federally funded education program or activity. The principal objective of Title IX is to avoid the use of federal money to support sex discrimination in education programs and to provide individual citizens effective protection against those practices.

https://www.justice.gov/crt/overview-title-ix-education-amendments-1972-20-usc-1681-et-seq

Again, I'm not an authority, and I'm probably wrong more than you...

Last edited:

Pal last time I checked only 11 at a time were allowed, now if 160 could play at one time we might be a slight favorite over Alabama:Biggrin:

"It is best not to speak of things you do not understand," Fortune Cookie.

If you don't understand the benefits amd significance of a supersized roster to Husker Football you should do some research. Your ignorance is glaring.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back