• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

More attrition coming?

I’d be surprised if there was not. I’m sure there are still a few players mulling over their futures with the new staff.

Great...this basically puts the BIG in a far superior position to the SEC as it relates to managing rosters and recruiting. Why? The SEC will be forced to explain their lack of 4-year scholarships. So now there are no more supposed loopholes that our fans can bring up to gripe about Nick Saban anymore.

Great...this basically puts the BIG in a far superior position to the SEC as it relates to managing rosters and recruiting. Why? The SEC will be forced to explain their lack of 4-year scholarships. So now there are no more supposed loopholes that our fans can bring up to gripe about Nick Saban anymore.

Then you do not understand oversigning at all.

Then you do not understand oversigning at all.
Explain it to me because what I think I know is that the SEC has a 25 player signing limit and an 85 player roster (can exceed by 3 temporarily), and offers 1-year scholarships. The BIG now has all the same rules but offers 4-year scholarships. The new rule lets the BIG teams encourage the attrition that SEC teams have been able to get away with in the past because of the 1 year scholarships. I think the SEC will be forced into 4-year scholarships because the new rule will make them look bad as BIG teams will be leaving attrition players on scholarship rather than forcing them out as the SEC does. Tell me where I'm wrong because I may be.

Am I missing something here? This is a 2017 rule that only applies after a coaching change, correct? Therefore, this wouldn’t really change the SEC/BIG construct re: over signing, duration of scholarships, etc. Doesn’t it basically just say a kid can quit a sport and remain on scholarship without it counting toward the limit if his/her coach leaves the school?

Last edited:
Am I missing something here? This is a 2017 rule that only applies after a coaching change, correct? Therefore, this wouldn’t really change the SEC/BIG construct re: over signing, duration of scholarships, etc. Doesn’t it basically just say a kid can quit a sport and remain on scholarship without it counting toward the limit if his/her coach leaves the school?

That's the way I read it

What teeth do any of these "rules" have? I'd say little to none.

I'm at Ole Miss, and I say to hell with rules against oversigning, I want to run 125 kids through the program every 4 years, and wash out any noncontributors.

Ah, that is true...I missed that...so the change is really not a major "level the playing field" type change, just one to help a few kids and coaches out in a transition year. Hope we take good advantage of it!

Last edited:
What teeth do any of these "rules" have? I'd say little to none.

I'm at Ole Miss, and I say to hell with rules against oversigning, I want to run 125 kids through the program every 4 years, and wash out any noncontributors.

Doc Brown: "Rules? Where we're going we don't need rules."

Marty: "I said Road, Doc. Road!"

Curious of your take ***, why isn't it helping us?
Besides Decker who would get a medical if we applied for one, do we really have any players that are going to not play football anymore and just go to school that were on scholarship? Unless I’m missing someone, almost everyone is transferring out to go elsewhere. It would be really concerning if we had a few guys that didn’t love the game enough to try and play elsewhere and just quit football due to a transition.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back