• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Moos

This is the new way of the world. You would not believe the sorts of surreal conversations that now take place in education at all levels. Most people have heard about the controversial changes with accusations of sexual assault on college campuses (the accused does not get to confront the accuser, and sometimes they don't even bother allowing the accused to know the details of what they have been accused), but similar sorts of crap is trickling down into secondary and even elementary schools. If a parent doesn't like a teacher or coach, they can go to the admin person who is the decision-maker, file a complaint, and then claim that the teacher/coach is too intimidating to confront directly. If the complaining parent is a female, and the teacher/coach is a male, there is a growing trend to bend staff or student handbooks to accommodate. I used to work at a school where a change in administration led to that sort of thing starting to happen, and I got the h3!! out of there as quickly as possible. There are now administrators who are doing the same with complaints from students about teachers/coaches. It's educational suicide. If I'm a student, and I don't like my teacher, all I have to do is go to the highest ranking sympathetic ear that I can find and tell them all manner of b.s., and the worse, the more effective it will be. I saw a teacher get dismissed for an accusation of inappropriate touching; nobody who knew the teacher believed it, and the student later went on to try the same thing in situations where it wasn't plausible. The teacher's career was destroyed, and that student is now in the state mental hospital. Not to be too mean-spirited, but they literally took the word of a crazy girl over a respected teacher.

All of this is coming soon to a workplace near you.
We do like our witch hunts. :(

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back