• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Moos

Busker

Recruit
2 Year Member
Is there something going on with Moos possibly being fired? Sharp and Benning are talking about it this morning. Apparently there was a groundswell of chatter about it yesterday but this is the first I have heard of it.

All rumors. Sounds like alcohol is an issue, but I could be reading the tea leaves wrong.

These are the times, eh? A team tanks after unrealistically high expectations...the team's coach and possibly the coaches boss are on the employment ropes.

I have no idea whether there are any legs to the rumors. But I have appreciated a guy like Moos who was willing to step out there and take some risks, unlike the previous guy whose main life theme was "Avoid all risks...and Energy Vampires...no matter what."

I like Moos, but he's not a typical bureaucrat, and unfortunately, as a result, he may not last at a school like NE. We shall see.

These are the times, eh? A team tanks after unrealistically high expectations...the team's coach and possibly the coaches boss are on the employment ropes.

I have no idea whether there are any legs to the rumors. But I have appreciated a guy like Moos who was willing to step out there and take some risks, unlike the previous guy whose main life theme was "Avoid all risks...and Energy Vampires...no matter what."

I like Moos, but he's not a typical bureaucrat, and unfortunately, as a result, he may not last at a school like NE. We shall see.

I'm fine with Moos, but what risk has he taken?

I do agree, he's not Eichorst, but about any AD we could have hired would have matched that description.

Last edited:

I'm fine with Moos, but what risk has he taken?

I do agree, he's not Eichorst, but about any AD we could have hired would have matched that description.

To me the football regime change was risk/reward. It’s been all "reward" even at 4-8 in year one...but the hits to the university payroll account were not insubstantial. Moos has also shaken things up organizationally with some re-organization stuff which could have ruffled some feathers...

Last edited:

Sam McKewon‏ @swmckewonOWH 3m3 minutes ago

Joint statement from NU president Hank Bounds and UNL chancellor Ronnie Green on Nebraska AD Bill Moos: "In his first 15 months, Bill has done a great job guiding our athletic department. He has our full support, and we look forward to his continued strong leadership." #huskers

4 replies 11 retweets 17 likes
Interesting they felt they needed to address it.

Timing of this is interesting. Struck out on a few recruits lately, basketball team falling apart...and now suddenly rumors of our AD having troubles. Sounds like an ax to grind to me.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back