• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Moos says our football facilities are 8th or 9th in the BIG...really?

I don't know the ins and outs of acceptance into the B1G, but I'm positive there were academic requirements, and the University gets to enjoy the benefits academically speaking for being part of a well thought of academic conference, just as the athletic dept. gets to enjoy the benefits of a well thought of (and viewed) athletic conference.

But to answer the direst question why wouldn't the academic side share in TV revenues from all sports? The answer is simple, because 90,000 people don't watch the Nebraska - Wisconsin spelling bee.

I wish our cohorts in the B1G hadn't then turned around and voted us out of the AAU, which membership in was an admitting criteria to the B1G!

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/03/education/03aau.html

Their justification for that was complete BS. IIRC they didn't respect the AG research and considered UNMC and their research to be too 'separate' from UNL IIRC.

Yes, something to that effect.

Very slanted to East and West Coast liberal schools.

I don’t understand what the deal was with UNMC. Like geography matters?

Sure, I'll be a positive influence. One of my mantras is as long as you're eating something, it's never too early for a beer.

He's already got that one living with me, but you're more up on the THC oil, wax, whatever thing than I am, so ya'll will hit it off from the start.

For the record, he will not replace an empty roll of toilet paper, leaves crap in the sink all the time and thinks Moos just needs to follow his 'Three simple rules'.

He'll tell you all about the rules as he breaks them. Don't worry.

I'm sure there are politics involved, but I don't know how much of it is an East and West coast 'liberal' thing. Maybe it is, IDK. From what I've read on their website it seems like it was mostly about how research $ is allocated and they were not in favor of us after the conference change. Maybe that gave them an excuse to review and decide? IDK. Weren't we one of their longest lasting members? Lots of midwest schools represented, including all of the B1G, minus us.

Also, there are a lot of state schools whose medical school isn't near the main university. Cardinal pointed that out before as CU's medical school is in Denver and they are an AAU school. IDK, just seems weird.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back