• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Moos says Miles will be back

I never understand how little some of us give a coach putting thinks back together. The guy obviously improved the team beyond the first three years, and there are idiots who start complaining for the coaching he did!
Not sure I am an idiot, but your right I don't know alot about basketball. I don't care for the job he has done. Nebraska has terrific facilities, great support and when you see a team like umbc or loyola do what they did and Nebraska can't even get one win in the NIT I think it is time to make a change. I can be wrong that is fine but I don't think I am.

Not sure I am an idiot, but your right I don't know alot about basketball. I don't care for the job he has done. Nebraska has terrific facilities, great support and when you see a team like umbc or loyola do what they did and Nebraska can't even get one win in the NIT I think it is time to make a change. I can be wrong that is fine but I don't think I am.
Yeah, by all means let’s take the guy who has obviously started a much better team, in one season. I’m kinda anxious to see him do it again in a program which has rarely played as well as this past one.

Yeah, by all means let’s take the guy who has obviously started a much better team, in one season. I’m kinda anxious to see him do it again in a program which has rarely played as well as this past one.
My personal opinions of Miles aside, I hope he does well. I hope the kids succeed, but he has done nothing on a consistent basis to prove he belongs here. I will be glad to eat my words if he proves me wrong, and I hope he does, but I just don't see him putting together 2 good years back to back.

My personal opinions of Miles aside, I hope he does well. I hope the kids succeed, but he has done nothing on a consistent basis to prove he belongs here. I will be glad to eat my words if he proves me wrong, and I hope he does, but I just don't see him putting together 2 good years back to back.
When he does put 2 improved seasons together, back to back, that's when some people will believe in Miles again. Right now his pattern is 2 sub-par seasons followed by a markedly better result. I'm looking forward to Miles breaking this pattern next year, or exploring expanded free time.

When Nebraska athletic director Bill Moos and head men’s basketball coach Tim Miles agreed to a one-year contract extension back in April, major questions still hovered around the program.

Since then, however, the Huskers were able to bring back their top two players from last year in seniors James Palmer Jr. and Isaac Copeland and also replaced assistant coach Kenya Hunter with former Northwestern and (briefly) Florida assistant Armon Gates.

As a result, the tenor of the offseason has shifted dramatically over the past couple of months, to the point where expectations of what NU’s 2018-19 season could hold have skyrocketed higher than ever.
https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/moos-miles-not-facing-ncaa-tournament-or-bust-season

When he does put 2 improved seasons together, back to back, that's when some people will believe in Miles again. Right now his pattern is 2 sub-par seasons followed by a markedly better result. I'm looking forward to Miles breaking this pattern next year, or exploring expanded free time.
I dont think its about breaking this pattern. Its more about showing that he will be able to put together a team after the three musketeers leave after the 2018/19 season. I dont see the freshmen stepping up and filling their shoes. Maybe somebody will transfer in and save the day again, but I would need to see hope of that before it actually happens. I dont think its possible to convince me (or Moos) soon enough to save Miles' job. Maybe Miles can show Moos his plans (to get more transfers) before they actually develop. That is his only hope. Otherwise, I expect Moos to bring in the next head coach. Trust me, I know my stuff, I am an expert in my own mind.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back