• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Moos says Miles will be back

From the link above...
After weeks of speculation and uncertainty, Nebraska athletic director Bill Moos finally cleared the air on the future of men's basketball head coach Tim Miles on Tuesday morning.

Moos confirmed to HuskerOnline.com contributor Steve Rosen that Miles would, in fact, be back with the Huskers for a seventh season, putting an official end to any rumors about a potential coaching change.

"I've been in conversations with Tim, and he will be with us again next year," Moos said. "We're still working out some of the numbers and details."

I’m interested to see what the extension is. You can’t just do one year can you? You have to give him a couple at least right?
From the Land of 10 link I just posted, Moos was quoted saying...
“I’ve been in conversations with Tim, and he will be with us again next year,” Moos told Husker Online. “We’re still working out some of the numbers and details.”
Based on what is decided, I think we will know a little bit of how Moos is viewing the situation. A one year is filled with a little more pressure than a two year extension.

I’m interested to see what the extension is. You can’t just do one year can you? You have to give him a couple at least right?

Moos would be a complete idiot to give him a 1 year extension. That would be bad for our program. Being that I don’t believe Moos is a complete idiot, I think a 2-3 year extension extension will be in order. Probably with more incentives for winning than a large merit increase.

You aren't allowing him to recruit effectively either. Robin Washut said we absolutely lost out on recruits due to his contract. Extending it only one year puts you in the exact same situation. You can't build like that.
I agree. Since he is coming back, you've got to give him everything he needs to be effective.

This should have all been decided shortly after the Michigan loss. If feelers needed to be put out, it could have been done before the NIT game. No reason for it to go on this long.

I would have made the change, but I can see why the decision to retain was made and I’m not totally against it. Hopefully in Miles’ plan there is something that improves our offensive efficiency. Lewis coming back certainly won’t hurt that.

This should have all been decided shortly after the Michigan loss. If feelers needed to be put out, it could have been done before the NIT game. No reason for it to go on this long.

I would have made the change, but I can see why the decision to retain was made and I’m not totally against it. Hopefully in Miles’ plan there is something that improves our offensive efficiency. Lewis coming back certainly won’t hurt that.
I think Moos was doing his due diligence. Did Altman want to come back? Did we have other people interested? Did someone fall thru? Are Copeland/Palmer/Roby leaning towards staying or going?

I think Lewis is a huge part of the deal as well. Since we lost Smith, Miles kind of went backwards, once Lewis came on board I could tell a difference in some scouting and schematic things.

I was fine either way Moos decided. I thought Miles did well this year, don't really care if the B1G was down or we got lucky or what. My concern will be if we lose both Copeland and Palmer, then where are we going to be? But that's all speculative stuff anyway. I was as hard on Miles as anyone, but he deserves a fair shake with his contract. Being extended out 3 or 4 years from the current year is just the cost of doing business in revenue generating sports.

I don't think the athletic department was very interested in replacing basketball coach right now. I don't see a Scott Frost type hire that we could just slide into the job

You aren't allowing him to recruit effectively either. Robin Washut said we absolutely lost out on recruits due to his contract. Extending it only one year puts you in the exact same situation. You can't build like that.
So what is the recruiting situation? Graduated a couple. Hopefully nobody leaves early. Got a couple good freshman coming in. Any transfers coming in? How good would they be? Do they need another big fellow or a shooter? How does Miles' contract affect the recruiting?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back