• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Moos needs to get his house in order

Oracle of Lincoln

Travel Squad
10 Year Member
Some very substantiated reports that NU is wooing Scott Frost.

Meanwhile, Riley and crew are left twisting in the wind? While I’m not fond of MR as a coach, he is by all accounts a tremendous individual. Not to mention, it’s appears he and his staff have given every possible effort to get this program on track.

Sure it’s possible Riley has been told behind closed doors that he won’t be back? If that’s the case then this public stance of ‘still evaluating the program’ is BS. You can’t have it both ways and retain any credibility.

C’mon now, NU is better than this! Even if means the loss of a couple 17 year old recruits.

Last edited:

Riley is aware at this point. But since the public isn't in the know we feel there's an issue. As you said, there's really nothing to see here.
Moos ‘knows’ he’s not bringing Riley back. Be transparent to your fan base, 2018 recruits and most of all to the current players and coaches.

Doesn’t work this way at Florida or Tennessee.
HCMR has been in the game a long time. I would bet there may be something in his contract that states if he is fired before end of season ...there is a bigger payout. All this hiring and firing has nothing more to do than with the almighty $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Doesn’t work this way at Florida or Tennessee.

Maybe because they already fired their coaches (one basically for cause and the other has been on the hot seat for awhile) and our AD said from the get-go that he wouldn't make a decision or a move during the year?

I know you're just trolling, but Moos is doing exactly what he said he was going to do and, under the circumstances, he's treating Riley with the level of respect he's due. Let him coach out the year and don't embarrass him with an in-the-season firing. There's really nothing to be gained by firing Riley early. Everyone knows it's happening and who do you want in charge to finish the year? Langs? Cav? Diaco?

I agree that Moos should treat the current staff with respect. But I won’t be so judgmental as to assume he hasn’t. I’m not going to assume that I know all that has been said or done behind the scenes. I seriously doubt that Riley and company are “swinging in the wind” wondering whether they will be retained. He has publicly said he won’t announce a decision before season’s end, he has said he may finish the review prior to that, but that MR deserves to coach the remainder of the season. I’m not sure what other public actions he is supposed to take 8 days before the end of the season.

The thing is, no matter what Moos does, some gruntled or disgruntled fan is going to find fault in what he does and/or how he does it. So, Moos should just continue to do what he believes is the correct path.

Last edited:
Maybe because they already fired their coaches (one basically for cause and the other has been on the hot seat for awhile) and our AD said from the get-go that he wouldn't make a decision or a move during the year?

I know you're just trolling, but Moos is doing exactly what he said he was going to do and, under the circumstances, he's treating Riley with the level of respect he's due. Let him coach out the year and don't embarrass him with an in-the-season firing. There's really nothing to be gained by firing Riley early. Everyone knows it's happening and who do you want in charge to finish the year? Langs? Cav? Diaco?
Beautiful. Out comes the troll word the minute there is a disagreement.

I agree that Moos should treat the current staff with respect. But I won’t be so judgmental as to assume he hasn’t. I’m not going to assume that I know all that has been said or done behind the scenes. I seriously doubt that Riley and company are “swinging in the wind” wondering whether they will be retained. He has publicly said he won’t announce a decision before season’s end, he has said he may finish the review prior to that, but that MR deserves to coach the remainder of the season. I’m not sure what other public actions he is supposed to take 8 days before the end of the season.

The thing is, no matter what Moos does, some gruntled or disgruntled fan is going to find fault in what he does and/or how he does it. So, Moos should just continue to do what he believes is the correct path.
I can respect this line of thinking. Well said.

latest

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back