• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Moos and Unity

Is he not a great fit? The Lord and savior, Tom Osborne, appears to think so. Should we instead whine and complain about a decision we had no input making and, beyond maybe one or two posters, wouldn't have the necessary tools to judge with foresight anyway?

It was Just a word of caution...:rolleyes:;)

Read a story this morning about Mike Leach quelling the rumor that he would follow Moos to Lincoln, mostly to see what Leach's reasoning was and what, if anything he said about Nebraska. What I found was more a story about Moos and what he'd done in his time in Pullman. Leach called him 'The best athletic director I've ever worked for' primarily because of his honesty. I like that. Thinking through the PR ballet Moos must have danced when bringing Leach in and the continued heavy lifting surrounding Leach's first few building years at Washington State and I've got a picture of a guy who's able to work through most anything. On one hand he's got a very eccentric Leach whom he obviously correctly valued as a head football coach and fan base, donors and an administration he not only soothed long enough for Leach to get WSU back to playing good football, but squeezed much needed money out of to improve the program and athletics as a whole. Leach went on to say Moos had brought a 'vision of success' and unified the entire athletic department. As an outsider to the inner workings of Nebraska's athletic department, I don't know that it's truly divided, but it seems the department and it's programs, the fans, donors and administration could use a little unification. If Moos can do what he did in Pullman with few dollars and little history surrounding the program, I have to wonder what he can do here. Here's to a little unity, Moos style.
Moos refused to let speculation and political correctness interfere with the football team and athletics in Pullman. There have been many diversions by fans and the media up to and including firing Leach after a short 3 years. Many were ready too start over, not unlike the fans in Husker Nation. The team is still recovering from distractions caused by the Pelini years (yes in spite of the 9 win mediocre years). Riley has not succeeded in the Wins and Losses dept but he has restored class in every other facet to the program. Hopefully we can have both wins and losses and class sooner than later.

Do not forget that the athletic dept includes the basketball team as well, there is some cleanup needed over there as well

Apparently the 'Moos Unity' by osmosis theory doesn't hold water on the Huskermax Forum....

....and when we hired our previous AD. Let's be honest. There is a subset of fans who would shout GO BIG RED if Satan put on a Nebraska hat.
I am not a fan of Satan, but he'd more than likely have the Big Red part down. Nebraska fans understand that the choice has been made at that point and that we might as well support the hire. Well, everyone except HiO. ;)

Is Bill Moos a good AD and will he do great at Nebraska? Who knows, ask me again in 5 years and I can better give you an answer.

On paper he appears to be a good fit. Culturally he appears to be a good fit. Eastern Washington looks a lot like Western Nebraska. For those that have never been to the area take my word for it, I live up here. The people of the area are farmers and ranchers just like in Nebraska and Bill Moos is a rancher himself and grew up on a ranch/farm in Eastern Washington.

That is a lot closer fit culturally than a lawyer from Wisconsin that was living in Miami when we hired him. Bill Moos is a people person that likes to press the flesh. SE was an accountant that wanted to never be seen.

I would like to know before 5 years. I think Moos needs to define Husker football. Show us the blueprint that he talks about. Get input from those that lived it. Then we can measure who meets, doesn't meet and why. All the speculation shows a total loss of identity. We don't know what or why anymore.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back