• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Moe Iba Had Better Offensive Acumen

Very similar to 2014 when he disappeared after predicting Northwestern would roll the Huskers because Collins is a better coach. Didn't come back on the board until the next season.

I'm sure that @Fromunda Cheese is just indisposed. I don't know if you've heard, but he's a big Nebrasketball fan. Just ask him -- he'll tell you.

I have no doubt, being the standup guy that he is, that he's more than a little embarrassed about his stupid and misguided criticisms of the team this year. He's definitely got some egg on his face -- there's obviously no disputing that. But being the classy guy that he is, when he does finally have the opportunity to return to the board, I have zero doubt that he will apologize for his laughable complaints about the team's offense, and will join us in cheering the team on from here on out.

I should know better....BUT...

Tim Miles didn't all of a sudden become a great offensive coach. Offensive struggles have been a recurring theme for his teams since he got here. I would suggest that the addition of Palmer pretty much accounts for any offensive improvement we may have seen. And make no mistake...recruiting great players is the best way to look really good as a basketball coach.

So yeah...cheese gets the award for Poor Timing but if you take Miles' 6 years in total...you know he has a point. ;)

You are quite right, bils! :nod: I won't kick Cheese while he's down (he is a good football fan, after all ;))

In addition to adding good players, I think the addition of Michael Lewis may have something to do with our improvement on offense (much like Coach Mo on D). Who knows, some of it may even rub off! :)

I should know better....BUT...

Tim Miles didn't all of a sudden become a great offensive coach. Offensive struggles have been a recurring theme for his teams since he got here. I would suggest that the addition of Palmer pretty much accounts for any offensive improvement we may have seen. And make no mistake...recruiting great players is the best way to look really good as a basketball coach.

So yeah...cheese gets the award for Poor Timing but if you take Miles' 6 years in total...you know he has a point. ;)

I’ve noticed a significant difference from last year. Palmer and a few more shooters will do that, but the crispness of the motion and the set plays have been better regardless. Players are part of it but I think Coach Lewis has helped. I think Miles will always be a defensive-minded coach with low-to-mid 70’s scoring averages.

honestly, i attribute the entire offensive improvement to Jordy leaving to find the Jedi. I don't remember the poster, but i recall having a nice back and forth with someone on this board about a week or so before Jordy left, and we were both saying the same thing...."why is Jordy still starting?" Now, i will say that its entirely possible that Miles informed him that his role would be changing (you're no longer starting) and he got all fussy and left. If so, credit to Miles. Either way, Jordy leaving and inserting Roby in the starting role at the 5 has COMPLETELY changed the dynamic of the team. they are now playing a style that Miles appears much more comfortable with. Jordy has a big, space eating, feed the post type presence, with none of the feed the post rewards. I said this a few weeks ago and may as well again. Its no coincidence that Palmer is now getting more open looks driving to the basket. All the back cut dunks Evan Taylor and Copeland get now, the alleyoops to Roby and high pick and rolls that actually require the opposing teams 5 man to step out and guard....none of that happens if Jordy is still starting. The entire lane is open now cause teams have to commit someone outside the box to guard Roby. Jordy wasn't doing anything but just clogging the lane. now its an open highway and offensive improvement is the end result.

Last edited:

honestly, i attribute the entire offensive improvement to Jordy leaving to find the Jedi. I don't remember the poster, but i recall having a nice back and forth with someone on this board about a week or so before Jordy left, and we were both saying the same thing...."why is Jordy still starting?" Now, i will say that its entirely possible that Miles informed him that his role would be changing (you're no longer starting) and he got all fussy and left. If so, credit to Miles. Either way, Jordy leaving and inserting Roby in the starting role at the 5 has COMPLETELY changed the dynamic of the team. they are now playing a style that Miles appears much more comfortable with. Jordy has a big, space eating, feed the post type presence, with none of the feed the post rewards. I said this a few weeks ago and may as well again. Its no coincidence that Palmer is now getting more open looks driving to the basket. All the back cut dunks Evan Taylor and Copeland get now, the alleyoops to Roby and high pick and rolls that actually require the opposing teams 5 man to step out and guard....none of that happens if Jordy is still starting. The entire lane is open now cause teams have to commit someone outside the box to guard Roby. Jordy wasn't doing anything but just clogging the lane. now its an open highway and offensive improvement is the end result.

Not starting Jordy has been a huge positive on the offense and team as a whole, but I also think it has done Jordy some good. IMO he is playing better, he wasn't and isn't ready to start. I think he was really pressing and trying too hard as a starter. Now coming in off the bench he looks more relaxed and has actually been playing better.

He is never going to be a 18 pt 10 rebound guy, but maybe by the time he is a senior he can be a 10 pt 8 rebound guy.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back