• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Moe Iba Had Better Offensive Acumen

I guess you're right. It was a good thing the whole rest of the team was balanced enough to score 25, while Palmer scored 34 against osu. I see your point.
Overall the team has had some pretty solid balance. It was fortunate Palmer got hot, or the game could have been ugly.

It still bothers me these guys don’t try to make the game easier when they are struggling. Instead they either keep backing up to launch from further out, or barrel to the rim, not using teammates to get open. If a guy is struggling shooting, get him easier looks.

I still think the missing piece is a big man with offensive skills. The talent everywhere else is there. The coaching is there. The defense is there.

I agree with you and Hville. It’s just that a lot of times this team doesn’t seem to play as a team and it makes some games frustrating to watch. Is this coaching or are these guys not learning. I don’t think Coach Miles is that good of a coach (at this level) but I’d sure like to go have a beer or three with him sometime.

If he could get us into the upper six places in the conference consistently and have us in the Big Dance regularly or the NIT occasionally it would sure be nice. I do want to see him improve, I just don't know if he can. Until then, I think what we see on the court is what we'll keep seeing on the court. I will admit though that this season has been fun to watch if not a bit frustrating.

I agree with you and Hville. It’s just that a lot of times this team doesn’t seem to play as a team and it makes some games frustrating to watch. Is this coaching or are these guys not learning. I don’t think Coach Miles is that good of a coach (at this level) but I’d sure like to go have a beer or three with him sometime.

If he could get us into the upper six places in the conference consistently and have us in the Big Dance regularly or the NIT occasionally it would sure be nice. I do want to see him improve, I just don't know if he can. Until then, I think what we see on the court is what we'll keep seeing on the court. I will admit though that this season has been fun to watch if not a bit frustrating.

This last paragraph has been repeated by different people at some point of every husker bb coaching staff since Nee. We just can't get over a hump. I for one am ok with sticking with Miles a while longer. We hadn't been better and we have been worse. I want better, but let's stick with it for a while longer.

This guy is a creighton chud who trolls the board. Only comments after losses, always negative, and definitely not worth responding to

That explains a lot.

As far as Iba, he was alright as a coach. I just never cared for his style. I really enjoyed Danny Nee's upbeat, fast paced game.

I remember when OU was scoring 100 per game, for how many in a row I don't recall, but Nee's team played them and won with both teams scoring over 100 points each. Now that was some basketball. :nod:

Last edited:
That explains a lot.

As far as Iba, he was alright as a coach. I just never cared for his style. I really enjoyed Danny Nee's upbeat, fast paced game.

I remember when OU was scoring 100 per game, for how many in a row I don't recall, but Nee's team played them and won with both teams scoring over 100 points each. Now that was some basketball. :nod:
agree. but no defense at all.

That explains a lot.

I remember that game. I can vividly remember carrying a radio with me to listen while I was out feeding the pigs!

Very similar to 2014 when he disappeared after predicting Northwestern would roll the Huskers because Collins is a better coach. Didn't come back on the board until the next season.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back