• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mo Washington Admitted As Full Qualifier

Can someone explain to me what an Academic Redshirt is? That sounds like code for Prop 48, which, as Texass taught us, was a horrible thing.

Admitted to UNL, but doesn’t make minimum grades according to NCAA to play right away = Prop 48

Academic Redshirt = ?
like the title says, he is a full qualifier. No academic redshirt, though with his weight and possible lack of training, he may redshirt. I would suspect we may see him closer to the end of the season. MSU and Iowa, CCG and Bowl game!

https://247sports.com/college/nebra...nitely-playing-in-2018-120647398/#120647398_5

SLIDE17 of 18
RB MAURICE WASHINGTON, NEBRASKA
8559233.JPG

(Photo: Michael Bruntz, 247Sports)
Quarterback Adrian Martinez clearly projects to play as well, but the buzz right now out of fall camp is all about Maurice Washington, who could have a major impact in a room that also includes juco transfer Greg Bell and Tre Bryant back from injury. Teammates and coaches alike have raved about Washington’s early performance in training camp after the NCAA declared him immediately eligible at the start of camp. Nebraska worked hard to secure Washington’s services late in the process and the former No. 10 running back in the country figures to be a long-term piece of Scott Frost’s offense.

Other notable 2018 targets who made the list:

SLIDE7 of 18
LB MICAH PARSONS, PENN STATE
8331679.JPG

(Photo: Harvey Levine-FOS/247)
Micah Parsons is far from the only true freshman from a great Penn State recruiting class that should play right away for James Franklin. But it is hard to find a more talented, versatile defender that just arrived on campus. Right now, Parsons is behind more experienced players like Koa Farmer at the WILL linebacker, but there is certainly a role for him somewhere. He has a lot to learn about the position, but looks like every bit of the freak we thought him to be out of Harrisburg (Pa.) as the state’s No. 1 recruit.

SLIDE10 of 18
DB HOUSTON GRIFFITH, NOTRE DAME
8403315.jpg

(Photo: Matt Cashore, 247Sports)
Former Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy four-star defensive back Houston Griffith will absolutely see the field as a true freshman at Notre Dame. Although he was ranked in high school as a cornerback, he will suit up at safety for the Fighting Irish this fall. Griffith arrived at Notre Dame as an early enrollee in January, and has been turning heads ever since. Look for safeties coach Terry Joseph to find some time on the field for Griffith, a former Under Armour All-American and Top 100 recruit, that flipped from Florida State after the coaching change.

SLIDE12 of 18
DB BRENDAN RADLEY-HILES, OKLAHOMA
8373927.jpg

(Photo: OU Athletics)
Nicknamed “Bookie,” Radley-Hiles was an instant hit in Norman upon his spring arrival to the practice fields. That hype has not changed as we transition from spring camp to the final countdown before kickoff against Florida Atlantic. Oklahoma’s defensive backs coach Kerry Cooks has gone far enough to compare Radley-Hiles to a Baker Mayfield kind of player for the Sooner defense. Four-star linebacker DaShaun White is another defender that should play right away for Lincoln Riley.

https://247sports.com/college/nebra...nitely-playing-in-2018-120647398/#120647398_5

SLIDE17 of 18
8559233.JPG

Quarterback Adrian Martinez clearly projects to play as well, but the buzz right now out of fall camp is all about Maurice Washington, who could have a major impact in a room that also includes juco transfer Greg Bell and Tre Bryant back from injury. Teammates and coaches alike have raved about Washington’s early performance in training camp after the NCAA declared him immediately eligible at the start of camp. Nebraska worked hard to secure Washington’s services late in the process and the former No. 10 running back in the country figures to be a long-term piece of Scott Frost’s offense.

SLIDE7 of 18
8331679.JPG

Micah Parsons is far from the only true freshman from a great Penn State recruiting class that should play right away for James Franklin. But it is hard to find a more talented, versatile defender that just arrived on campus. Right now, Parsons is behind more experienced players like Koa Farmer at the WILL linebacker, but there is certainly a role for him somewhere. He has a lot to learn about the position, but looks like every bit of the freak we thought him to be out of Harrisburg (Pa.) as the state’s No. 1 recruit.

SLIDE10 of 18
8403315.jpg

Former Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy four-star defensive back Houston Griffith will absolutely see the field as a true freshman at Notre Dame. Although he was ranked in high school as a cornerback, he will suit up at safety for the Fighting Irish this fall. Griffith arrived at Notre Dame as an early enrollee in January, and has been turning heads ever since. Look for safeties coach Terry Joseph to find some time on the field for Griffith, a former Under Armour All-American and Top 100 recruit, that flipped from Florida State after the coaching change.

SLIDE12 of 18
8373927.jpg

Nicknamed “Bookie,” Radley-Hiles was an instant hit in Norman upon his spring arrival to the practice fields. That hype has not changed as we transition from spring camp to the final countdown before kickoff against Florida Atlantic. Oklahoma’s defensive backs coach Kerry Cooks has gone far enough to compare Radley-Hiles to a Baker Mayfield kind of player for the Sooner defense. Four-star linebacker DaShaun White is another defender that should play right away for Lincoln Riley.
There you go ripping the band-aid off again. :Bananalazy:

SLIDE17 of 18
8559233.JPG

SLIDE7 of 18
8331679.JPG

SLIDE10 of 18
8403315.jpg

SLIDE12 of 18
8373927.jpg

NEBRASKA

— RB Maurice Washington

— The most valuable player of the 2018 Under Armour High School All-America game has been the talk of Nebraska's camp. Washington qualified academically just a few days before the start of preseason practice but has performed well enough already that Nebraska coach Scott Frost has said "he's going to be a pretty special player." ''He's definitely opening some eyes," Frost said. "I think he's got a bright future here." Other freshmen to watch for Nebraska include cornerback Cam Taylor and quarterback Adrian Martinez, who is competing with redshirt freshman Tristan Gebbia for the starting spot.

OKLAHOMA

— DB Brendan Radley-Hiles

— Oklahoma has played championship-caliber offense the last few seasons but hasn't had a defense to match. Radley-Hiles could help change that. The Sooners have high hopes for the top-50 recruit and expect him to contribute right away. Big 12 media selected him as the conference's preseason newcomer of the year.

https://collegefootball.ap.org/husk...usc-qbs-among-freshman-who-could-make-impacts

NEBRASKA

— RB Maurice Washington

— The most valuable player of the 2018 Under Armour High School All-America game has been the talk of Nebraska's camp. Washington qualified academically just a few days before the start of preseason practice but has performed well enough already that Nebraska coach Scott Frost has said "he's going to be a pretty special player." ''He's definitely opening some eyes," Frost said. "I think he's got a bright future here." Other freshmen to watch for Nebraska include cornerback Cam Taylor and quarterback Adrian Martinez, who is competing with redshirt freshman Tristan Gebbia for the starting spot.

OKLAHOMA

— DB Brendan Radley-Hiles

— Oklahoma has played championship-caliber offense the last few seasons but hasn't had a defense to match. Radley-Hiles could help change that. The Sooners have high hopes for the top-50 recruit and expect him to contribute right away. Big 12 media selected him as the conference's preseason newcomer of the year.

https://collegefootball.ap.org/husk...usc-qbs-among-freshman-who-could-make-impacts
This is what I was talking about when I said a few months ago. That, although I think HCSF and staff brought in an overall better class. They did not bring in any individual players that matched the top player w lost. Bookie. Not trying to cry over spilled milk but that one stung.

This is what I was talking about when I said a few months ago. That, although I think HCSF and staff brought in an overall better class. They did not bring in any individual players that matched the top player w lost. Bookie. Not trying to cry over spilled milk but that one stung.

But consider this. If MR could attract talent to consider NE with the weak sauce product he produced, think of what SF might be able to do in the coming years when he gets this train rolling. It speaks to the Nebraska brand which is still a very high profile brand in college football even with our down turn. I wouldn't be shocked to see top 100 guys looking very hard at us this next recruiting period.

But consider this. If MR could attract talent to consider NE with the weak sauce product he produced, think of what SF might be able to do in the coming years when he gets this train rolling. It speaks to the Nebraska brand which is still a very high profile brand in college football even with our down turn. I wouldn't be shocked to see top 100 guys looking very hard at us this next recruiting period.
Realize that my comment is coming from a place of pure disappointment. I look at Bookie and i see a guy that is just an unreal talent. I was more invested in him then I was in any recruit in a lOOOOOOng time. I am very pleased with the clss SF brought in and the one he is setting up for next year. Bookie will always be the one that got away.

It should. Bookie would be the best CB on this team - by far. But it is what it is. I think we both know Frost will have this thing turned around soon and in two or three years when you're playing for the B1G Championship on a regular basis, it will go from "What could have been" to "His loss."

It should. Bookie would be the best CB on this team - by far. But it is what it is. I think we both know Frost will have this thing turned around soon and in two or three years when you're playing for the B1G Championship on a regular basis, it will go from "What could have been" to "His loss."
That would be nice. However both are technically possible. Scott could make us become a great team and Bookie could still be so great that we say. "What could have been?"

I look at bookie as the 25 lb trout that got away but you always still talk about him.

https://247sports.com/college/nebra...ers-out-of-the-Big-Ten-120924560/#120924560_1

8559233.JPG

Nebraska's offensive expectations changed the second Scott Frost became head football coach. Nebraska has exciting returning weapons at receiver and two quarterbacks that could handle the starting job. What seemed like Greg Bell's job to lose in spring, however, is now the most exciting part of camp for Nebraska. Maurice Washington is eligible and looks like a major weapon at running back.

“He is in Lincoln, and he is everything that he looked like he was at that Under Armour game, and now it appears that Scott Frost has got another weapon on offense, a really dynamic, really explosive skill player out of the backfield," said 247Sports director of scouting Barton Simmons. "Whether or not he wins that starting job, I’m not going that far. But you’ll see him this year. And I think by the end of the year, he’s going to be a really explosive threat in that offense for Nebraska.”

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back