• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Minnesota v. NU Match Thread

This win combined with Penn State's loss last night puts NU and Penn State in a tie for 1st in the Big 10. And NU will surely retain their #1 national ranking.

Carrolltonsker...
fistbump.png
Thanks. It was my pleasure.

I finally was able to return the phone calls of everyone who called during the game. I told them I was busy and would call back later. :Biggrin:

The Nebraska volleyball team proved worthy of its No. 1 ranking on Sunday, using a complete team effort to take down No. 3 Minnesota, 3-1, in front of 8,363 fans at the Bob Devaney Sports Center.

Minnesota staged a late rally to win the first set, 26-24, before Nebraska bounced back to take a 2-1 lead with a 25-18 win in set two and a 26-24 victory in set three. The Golden Gophers then held off a late Husker rally to take set four, 25-22, before Nebraska won the first five points of the fifth set and never looked back in a 15-8 win.

The Huskers had more kills than Minnesota in every set en route to a season-high 76 kills. Sophomore Mikaela Foecke (20 kills), junior Briana Holman (17) and senior Amber Rolfzen (16) all tallied season highs in kills for the Big Red. Leading the offense to a .267 attack percentage was junior setter Kelly Hunter, who finished with a career-high 65 assists, which is tied for fourth in school history in the rally scoring era.

Defensively, Nebraska stuffed the Golden Gophers 17 times for a new season high in blocks. Holman had a season-high 10 blocks to finish with her first double-double of the year. Senior libero Justine Wong-Orantes set a school record with 35 digs in the win, topping the previous record of 34 digs set by Maria Hedbeck against Penn State on Sept. 4, 1993. She is now within 34 digs of matching Kayla Banwarth's career record of 1,706. Nebraska outdug Minnesota 77-72, as Kadie Rolfzen also reached double-figures with 10 to go with nine kills.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=211247089

Wow, what a nail biter!! I was on pins and needles, like everyone else, I am sure!

The girls surely have grit!! Minn was tough, but our gals were tougher!!

GBR! :Banana::Mfclap::Cheer2::Cheers: :Balloons::Signrockon::Hair Fire:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back