• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Minnesota fires coach Tracy Claeys

Im with the DA here. He did not prosecute for a reason. The woman is just as responsible as the men here, it just doesnt fall on them just because the left wingers advise. Our PC has gone beyond the pale.

I've worked sexual assault cases for years. You can know something happened and still not be able to prove it enough to try the case in court. You only get one bite of that and if you lose, you're done because of double jeopardy. FWIW, I don't think anyone has ever questioned the woman's credibility here. My understanding is everyone found her to be credible and forthright. It was just not a great case.

In many ways this is a hard part to a lot of us to rationalize. Her actions/behavior or lack thereof is why no legal charges will be made.

Having said that regardless of what she said or didn't say or did or didn't do ... her actions and/or lack of judgment do not warrant the players (young men) actions. They failed in exercising good judgment and proper behavior regardless of whether or not her judgment/behavior was appropriate. I.E. two wrongs don't make a right!
I've worked sexual assault cases for years. You can know something happened and still not be able to prove it enough to try the case in court. You only get one bite of that and if you lose, you're done because of double jeopardy. FWIW, I don't think anyone has ever questioned the woman's credibility here. My understanding is everyone found her to be credible and forthright. It was just not a great case.
Lets just assume the first two guys had permission, ok? They were kicked out too. How is that fair?

Lets just assume the first two guys had permission, ok? They were kicked out too. How is that fair?

Did they tell their buddies to keep their wanks in their pants? Did they try to stop it at all or did they invite others to participate and watch? Remember, they were kicked out for what essentially amounts to a school code of conduct violation.

In many ways this is a hard part to a lot of us to rationalize. Her actions/behavior or lack thereof is why no legal charges will be made.

Having said that regardless of what she said or didn't say or did or didn't do ... her actions and/or lack of judgment do not warrant the players (young men) actions. They failed in exercising good judgment and proper behavior regardless of whether or not her judgment/behavior was appropriate. I.E. two wrongs don't make a right!

My guess, is this is the University's position and why they took the actions they did. This appears to have gone from 'legal' actions to 'moral' actions. The law said nothing 'illegal', the school said something very 'immoral' and took what actions they deemed necessary. Right or wrong. I hope this doesn't happen ever again and especially in Lincoln.

Punishing one side clearly isnt either.
What is the punishment for the "other side"?

And is "punishment" necessary for both? The players involved at best exhibited poor judgment - likely behaving in a manner that violated the schools code of conduct (I.E. ethics/morals).

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back