• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mindhunter

KingTM

All Big 10
5 Year Member
Is anybody watching Mindhunter on Netflix? A couple of guys at work hipped me to it so I thought I'd check it out. I've burned through 8 episodes in two nights and have two to go to finish Season 1. I'll be watching those tonight. It is an absolutely fascinating show and delves into how the FBI first dipped their toes into behavioral science and profiling. Dude that plays Edwin Kemper is creepy as Texas. Check it out, you won't be disappointed.

Last edited:

Excellent show. Lots of good stuff out there...The Looming Tower (can't remember which streaming service) about 9/11, The Missing on Amazon Prime.

Mindhunter is a quality show, without question!

Excellent show. Lots of good stuff out there...The Looming Tower (can't remember which streaming service) about 9/11, The Missing on Amazon Prime.

Mindhunter is a quality show, without question!
My problem is that I'll get spread too thinly and forget about shows that I'm watching. I'm on this one with a laser focus and intend to finish it tonight or I may never do so.

SQUIRREL!

Just curious, without doing the work myself. I read the book, still have it somewhere, Mindhunter, and it was about this.... the book it self was kind of dry and hard to read, but at the same time, very fascinating. I may just have to break down and fire up Netflix again, as I haven't been on it since November. Sounds like it's interesting.
how the FBI first dipped their toes into behavioral science and profiling.

Just curious, without doing the work myself. I read the book, still have it somewhere, Mindhunter, and it was about this.... the book it self was kind of dry and hard to read, but at the same time, very fascinating. I may just have to break down and fire up Netflix again, as I haven't been on it since November. Sounds like it's interesting.

The series is very well done and is far from dry. As you stated, it is fascinating as hell. I love to see what makes people like this tick so its right up my alley. Check it out, you won't be disappointed. I meant to finish Season 1 last night but got tied up so I plan to finish episodes 9 and 10 tonight.

I read an article yesterday and they are preparing to shoot Season 2 now. In fact, for anyone in the Pittsburg area, they're doing a casting call for extras at Kennywood Park (been there, great little park) today or tomorrow.

Last edited:
One of the greatest shows I've seen this year. Can't wait for Season 2. Like you I burned through the series in 3 nights. Called my dad at 10pm the third night and said he had to try it.

He called me back the next morning talking about how great it was. He watched the whole series that night. Was calling to tell me he was just going to bed.

One of the greatest shows I've seen this year. Can't wait for Season 2. Like you I burned through the series in 3 nights. Called my dad at 10pm the third night and said he had to try it.

He called me back the next morning talking about how great it was. He watched the whole series that night. Was calling to tell me he was just going to bed.

The series is very well done and is far from dry. As you stated, it is fascinating as hell. I love to see what makes people like this tick so its right up my alley. Check it out, you won't be disappointed. I meant to finish Season 1 last night but got tied up so I plan to finish episodes 9 and 10 tonight.

I read an article yesterday and they are preparing to shoot Season 2 now. In fact, for anyone in the Pittsburg area, they're doing a casting call for extras at Kennywood Park (been there, great little park) today or tomorrow.

You two should get together and have a watch party.

You two should get together and have a watch party.
giphy.gif

I watched the first 2 episodes last night, and that opening scene in the 1st episode.... Wholly Smokes, that was insane. Gonna watch a few more tonight, after the hockey game.

Okay, so made it through episode 7, and have to admit, it's very interesting. One thing that sticks out, is, I am pretty certain that they are alluding to Dennis Rader(BTK) at the beginning of the episodes, with Kansas City and the knots. I can't figure out how this is going to play into the rest of this series though, as they didn't catch that sick bastard until years later. I'm fairly certain that the book came out before they finally caught Rader, so that's interesting. Good show so far, and I'm sure that they have taken a lot of liberty also.

I watched the first 2 episodes last night, and that opening scene in the 1st episode.... Wholly Smokes, that was insane. Gonna watch a few more tonight, after the hockey game.

Yeah, I wanted to mention that opening scene in my OP but thought it would be better for you all to see it while not expecting it. Insane, indeed.

Okay, so made it through episode 7, and have to admit, it's very interesting. One thing that sticks out, is, I am pretty certain that they are alluding to Dennis Rader(BTK) at the beginning of the episodes, with Kansas City and the knots. I can't figure out how this is going to play into the rest of this series though, as they didn't catch that sick bastard until years later. I'm fairly certain that the book came out before they finally caught Rader, so that's interesting. Good show so far, and I'm sure that they have taken a lot of liberty also.

That is definitely Dennis Rader, took me two episodes to figure that out since I followed that case fairly closely. One of Ms. King's degrees is in Sociology and she did a research paper on serial killers while she was in college. She kept the books and when we got married and moved her into my place, I found the box. I was like, "hey, is there something I need to know?" ;) I started digging through that box and read every one of them. Fascinating stuff, and pure evil.

Yeah, I wanted to mention that opening scene in my OP but thought it would be better for you all to see it while not expecting it. Insane, indeed.

That is definitely Dennis Rader, took me two episodes to figure that out since I followed that case fairly closely. One of Ms. King's degrees is in Sociology and she did a research paper on serial killers while she was in college. She kept the books and when we got married and moved her into my place, I found the box. I was like, "hey, is there something I need to know?" ;) I started digging through that box and read every one of them. Fascinating stuff, and pure evil.

I don't know how much I'd heard of the BTK killer prior to his arrest, but after his arrest I read a few articles about his victims and confessions, then had to ignore it/him completely. It was destroying me.

Last edited:
I don't know how much I'd heard of the BTK killer prior to his arrest, but after his arrest I read a few articles about his victims and confessions, then had to ignore it/him completely. It was destroying me.

He was a twisted strummer, that's for sure. Worked for ADT at one time, surveying homes and installing equipment. How crazy is that?

I dunno, I guess I just like to know what makes people tick. Especially the broken ones.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back