• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MILLS ?

I'm sure he thinks it's dumb that it's illegal based solely on the fact that he uses. Even more frustrating is the "performance enhancing drug" label sports use.

But if we want to protect people from substances that ruin their lives, we could make alcohol illegal ;)
Two wrongs don't make a right!

I still don't know what two wrongs you are talking about?

My point was two-fold:

1. Alcohol ruins more lives and is more dangerous to the bod but is legal because it causes more harm to make it illegal (see 1920s crime rise due to prohibition).
2. If legal, we could punish/help people for ruining lives rather than a blanket punishment the same way we do alcohol (DUI, [Addict] Anonymous, public intoxication, etc)

Most of the dangers of pot come from the fact that it is illegal rather than the substance itself (raises crime rates/drug cartel being the prime example).

If pot was the crime, I don't fault Mills so much as the system. I do hope he chooses to avoid it for the time being though as it currently will derail his career. That said, I'll avoid derailing the topic further.

Last edited:
I still don't know what two wrongs you are talking about?

My point was two-fold:

1. Alcohol ruins more lives and is more dangerous to the bod but is legal because it causes more harm to make it illegal (see 1920s crime rise due to prohibition).
2. If legal, we could punish/help people for ruining lives rather than a blanket punishment the same way we do alcohol (DUI, [Addict] Anonymous, public intoxication, etc)

Most of the dangers of pot come from the fact that it is illegal rather than the substance itself (raises crime rates/drug cartel being the prime example).

If pot was the crime, I don't fault Mills so much as the system. I do hope he chooses to avoid it for the time being though as it currently will derail his career. That said, I'll avoid derailing the topic further.
The two wrongs I was referring were alcohol and weed! Both can ruin people. But I like to get back on topic also. Mills having been charged with felony on the 14th is a big issue. Looks like weed was unrelated and his usage is irrelevant.

It’s garbage..if it helps anyone medically great but otherwise it’s garbage.Mills deserves better hopefully he can stay away from it I’m sure he’d agree.
Garbage? Please, it's no different than alcohol and tobacco. If you think those are both garbage at least you're consistent.

I have no idea if this is the holdup with him or if it is his academic status. Mills has had a prior history at Georgia Tech and now this. We definitely need a player of his caliber, but I’m sure they are doing the due diligence on him. We have until January 15 to get him into the fold. I would respect the staff for breaking ties with Mills if they feel that he really has flawed character. However, this is the type of player that could excel in the structure of Frost's system.

Garbage? Please, it's no different than alcohol and tobacco. If you think those are both garbage at least you're consistent.
Much different than alcohol .We should continue this debate in another forum. Message me I spent a good part of my professional career on this.

Last edited:
The two wrongs I was referring were alcohol and weed! Both can ruin people. But I like to get back on topic also. Mills having been charged with felony on the 14th is a big issue. Looks like weed was unrelated and his usage is irrelevant.
Whoa. He got a recent felony? Hadn't seen that. For what? Do you have a link?

Says the guy with beers as his avatar. Hypocrite much?
This beer is celebrated by me because it’s America’s oldest brewery. I don’t drink it or any other but the brewery is historic the avatar celebrates Yuengling . I would be more than willing to debate the real dangers of Marijuana but this is not the place for such a debate.
I spent a good deal of my career debating and educating the long and short term effects of the drug. I sympathize with anyone who finds any medical benefits from it and support legalization for medical purposes.
I have seen the short and long term effects and they’re often not pleasant. The drug is being legalized purely for profit and my point is young people are making uninformed decisions about its use. If using the Yuengling avatar and being against marijuana makes me a hypocrite then so be it.
Back to the subject of Mills ...the repeated use of this drug has hurt his career.
Sorry RR...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back