1. You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.
    Dismiss Notice

MILLS ?

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Power of Corn, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Big Red Shrine

Big Red Shrine Elite Poster 2 Year Member

Hold my beer.

2. HuskerGene

HuskerGene A work in progress 5 Year Member

Alice's Restaurant comes to mind...

Native likes this.
  3. Huskerhunter

Huskerhunter Red Shirt 5 Year Member

We’ve been a few near-felons short of a CCG for a long time. You’re crazy if you don’t see this as progress on the recruiting front.

Do the coaches still have have a locked filing cabinet for handguns?

4. Huskerpilk

Huskerpilk Junior Varsity 5 Year Member

No felony convictions. Charges are not convictions. He had a bench warrant out for missing out on traffic court. Was put on probation and I imagine the charges were reduced to misdemeanors across the board. We will find out when the actual court filings are available but on the scale of criminal activity...this ranks right at the bottom.

Cvillehusker and Maverick like this.
  5. Maverick

Maverick Recruit

This has got to be the most clear cut version of "guilty until proven innocent" I've seen in a while...

6. Huskerthom

Huskerthom Blackshirt 2 Year Member

Do you know anything about how the legal system works? You can recieve probation on ANY charge. Not just felonies. In most cases where a bench warrant is issued. The warrant is issued as a felony. However, once you appear. Especially if you appear without being brought in by police. That is either dismissed all together, or reduced to a misdemeanor. The felony charge is issued to force you to appear. The probation could have been issued for a misdemeanor of driving without a license. Meaning no fine or jail time is issued unless you do it again within a certain period. It may even lead to it being almost entirely being dropped from your record. It is called deferred adjudication probation.
    http://www.dallascriminalattorney.pro/blog/whats-the-difference-between-regular-and-deferred-probation/

Cvillehusker and HuskerMe like this.
  7. LarstheRed

LarstheRed Junior Varsity 5 Year Member

Actually, in the world of crime, failure to appear for a traffic violation, is about as minor an issue as I can imagine. No domestic violence, no assault, no drug charges, no indecent exposure, no theft, murder or mayhem.

Getting a traffic ticket might be a big deal in Hildreth, but it’s not terribly exciting in the rest of the world.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    Cvillehusker and Red Reign like this.
  8. BigRedAvenger

BigRedAvenger Poster of Substance 2 Year Member

I got probation when I was a minor for spray painting a cow like a race car. True story.

This kid is not as hard as me! :Biggrin:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  9. djlhuskerfan

djlhuskerfan Junior Varsity 10 Year Member

Believe me, I hope this kid makes it here and plays. But we could be underestimating how serious his legal issues are. We don't know why his license was suspended. I am all for second chances but hopefully he hasn't used up his chances.

10. EastOfEden

EastOfEden Red Shirt 10 Year Member

post self deleted.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  11. Huskerthom

Huskerthom Blackshirt 2 Year Member

We may not know but neither do you. Here's the thing. The more serious the charge the more chance the details make the news in one form or another. Since no details other than failure to appear have come out. The most likely scenario is that it is minor. The Atlanta media has no incentive to cover it up once he left GaTech. So if it was serious we would probably know.

12. All 'N' 011808

All 'N' 011808 Former Walk-on 2 Year Member

I guess I chose the correct thread to begin with in this new year as this one has not disappointed...except that there has been no mention of The Parent Trap. A thread titled "Mills" should have had something about The Parent Trap.

At this point, as long as Frost, Held, Walters, and Co. are aware of this situation/why his license was suspended and they are still going to accept his signed LOI, then welcome to the Husker family.

13. Red Reign

Red Reign Husker Immortal 10 Year Member

Thank you I was about to post something similar. Although I already said if Coach excepted his LOI that was fine by me.

Yup only they know all the facts and at this time that's the way it should be. If they choose to share it so be it if not so be it too. At this point in time if they take the LOI I have no intetest in knowing anything else.

My personal opinion is folks need to let it be. It will play out one way or another.

14. All 'N' 011808

All 'N' 011808 Former Walk-on 2 Year Member

Pretty much...and I would be surprised if anything would be shared by the staff other than something along the lines of "We're excited to have Dedrick be a part of this class. Like everyone else, he knows what our expectations are and we're looking forward to working with him."

Farmer Jake, Red Reign and Huskerthom like this.
  15. Bman

Bman Recruit 2 Year Member

That was cow-ardly. On a seriuos note did the cow move faster after the paint job.