• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Miles gets a year extension?

So the first paragraph says Miles isn't anything special and we deserve a better coach. Then you say the extension did nothing, so in essence we just burned 2 million, plus, again by your assessment, we will need to spend on a new, much more expensive coach. Then we have a prediction of the Huskers dancing...and then firing Miles, again suggesting the need for a homerun hitter. Finally you top it off with admonishment for Moos for not giving Miles as much as possible, which would be best for the program, but likely accomplish little or nothing.

I'm just confused at this point, but if you want to explain, I'm all ears.
I will try to explain, but these threads get a bit complex.

My main point is that Moos should spend the money to create an environment that looks like he is trying to create a winner. Spend, on all fronts, whatever it takes, that may be an unpopular idea for folks who want to be fiscally responsible. I say spend it and they will come. You call it burning it, I call it investing it. If you believe basketball can ever thrive at DONU, you have to invest.

Given that Nebrasketball has been completely laughable (to the outside world) forever, Moos' direction needs to be clear and direct. Anything short of completely selling out will not present the perception that he can get it done. Delaying and offering up only a one year extension falls short. It appears that he had something fall through and settled for Miles until he can get something better in place.

I mentioned 'perception' above. Perception is what brings in top assistants and top recruits. Anything short of going all in will leave Moos with a disappointing program.

I should not have went into my theory about what may happen in Miles' lame duck 2018-19 season, as it was confusing to follow. All I was saying was that the team may thrive next year and get to its highest point ever, but it will come crashing down since Miles will not retain the top 3 guys and will not have any recruits to replace them. If he does get some top recruits then I stand corrected and my whole theory is wrong.

For those who disagree. I get it. Its a hard pill to swallow.

Last edited:
....he won't be fired if they win a game in the dance.

You are probably right... That is what makes this whole thing so confusing. What are the chances Miles does win a game in next season's dance? Moos is betting they don't do that, because everything he has been doing indicates he expects to be firing Miles after this season, IMHO.

If Miles does win a game in the dance next season 2018-19, do you see him keeping any of the top three on the team and do you see him having any top recruits added to the roster before 2019-20 starts? How will he do that given that his boss just labeled him as a lame duck coach?

I really do hope I am proven wrong on all counts.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back