• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Meet the Team

In order of appearance:

Watson - 4*
Roby - 4*
Tshimanga - 3*
McVeigh - 3*
Palmer - 4*
Copeland - 4*
Akenten - 4*
Allen - 4*
Taylor - NR
Gill - 4*
Okeke - NR

I know some of these guys didn't live up to the 4* billing either here or elsewhere, but with a roster like this we should be able to compete this year. I'm not saying they have to win the BIG, but I'm not sure how you could go sub-.500 with 7 (if I counted correctly) 4* kids.

Pretty Impressive List you've compiled, BRS!

Just to add a little, I believe Isaac Copeland was a 5* out of HS. I've heard it said that we haven't seen this array of talent in twenty years; I don't think there has ever been a 5* recruit (albeit by way of transfer) before.

Like you, I just hope the roster translates to some impressive wins.

Thanks for doing the heavy lifting, BRS! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

In order of appearance:

Watson - 4*
Roby - 4*
Tshimanga - 3*
McVeigh - 3*
Palmer - 4*
Copeland - 4*
Akenten - 4*
Allen - 4*
Taylor - NR
Gill - 4*
Okeke - NR

I know some of these guys didn't live up to the 4* billing either here or elsewhere, but with a roster like this we should be able to compete this year. I'm not saying they have to win the BIG, but I'm not sure how you could go sub-.500 with 7 (if I counted correctly) 4* kids.

This is they year! :Corn2: I may or may not have said that for the last decade.

Remember what happened the last time we were supposed to finish in that area?

True. I was thinking about that team last night and trying to compare it to this team. Here are the best players (in order) of that 2013/14 tourney team compared against my projected best players for this upcoming season.

Petteway Watson
Shields Copeland
Pitchford Tshimanga
Gallegos Roby
Smith Palmer
Rivers McVeigh
Webster Taylor
Parker Gill
Hawkins Okeke
Peltz Allen/Akente

How did that team dance again? Petteway was just THAT good in my opinion. Pitchford helped stretch the floor and Shavon was a good player. Gallegos had a disappointing season offensively but played elite level defense, especially down that stretch. Smith was crafty in the post, but fought injuries most of that season. Tai was a freshman and Benny was a good defender. Rivers was an okay role player but was a liability on offense.

Petteway is the only one who I see as elite on either roster, at least right now. Our current roster is significantly better though, even without Petteway. 4-10 is especially lopsided.

How players fall into their roles will be huge this season.

True. I was thinking about that team last night and trying to compare it to this team. Here are the best players (in order) of that 2013/14 tourney team compared against my projected best players for this upcoming season.

Petteway Watson
Shields Copeland
Pitchford Tshimanga
Gallegos Roby
Smith Palmer
Rivers McVeigh
Webster Taylor
Parker Gill
Hawkins Okeke
Peltz Allen/Akente

How did that team dance again? Petteway was just THAT good in my opinion. Pitchford helped stretch the floor and Shavon was a good player. Gallegos had a disappointing season offensively but played elite level defense, especially down that stretch. Smith was crafty in the post, but fought injuries most of that season. Tai was a freshman and Benny was a good defender. Rivers was an okay role player but was a liability on offense.

Petteway is the only one who I see as elite on either roster, at least right now. Our current roster is significantly better though, even without Petteway. 4-10 is especially lopsided.

How players fall into their roles will be huge this season.
I think we have a much better shot this time around if we can get contributions from multiple players instead of relying on one to get hot.

I am anxious to see what the team will look like and how they will perform this season but I am a glutton for punishment.

Petteway was certainly an elite player; highest scorer in the B1G that year, we don't go dancing without him.

It will be very interesting to see who, if any, of the current roster we consider 'elite' after their college careers are finished. There are multiple possibilities. :)

Last edited:

And projected to finish 13th in the conference.

Thanks to BRS, They don't Know what We Know! ;)

Like REDo, I'd rather Over-perform to Under-expectations than Under-perform to Over-expectations. :nod:

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back