• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

McQuitty and Q. Alexander: MIA

It's a great thing for him. But I'm looking for nu to compete at the highest level. If that is going to eventually happen it wont ne with walk on wide receivers. I guarantee you that.

Yes...he beat out the competition. But that says more about the competition than his talent level. It's a perfectly lovely story. Really. But I can assure you...when we win the big 10 title we won't have any walk-ons starting at WR. That's all I'm saying.

????

We've done it before. Different offense, I realize.

But how many high-end WR's want to go to college to block? None.

We want all-around athletes, who can catch, and block.

If you are a prima donna who refuses to put the effort in to block well, there's the bench.

He was not recruited and had to walk on.

Tomich was recruited. He just didn't qualify. Thus he had to go the Prop 48 route.

If he followed through with the Prop 48 process and got decent grades in college, he was then given his scholarship.
So he had to pay his way at first, but a scholarship was automatically waiting.
That is not the case with a walk-on.

Last edited:
It's a great thing for him. But I'm looking for nu to compete at the highest level. If that is going to eventually happen it wont ne with walk on wide receivers. I guarantee you that.

Yes...he beat out the competition. But that says more about the competition than his talent level. It's a perfectly lovely story. Really. But I can assure you...when we win the big 10 title we won't have any walk-ons starting at WR. That's all I'm saying.

I think we'll obviously need more of those guys who can put the fear into opponents the second their hands wrap around that ball, but there are also places for guys like Warner in an offense. When we get things clicking, I could see us having 6 receivers being used regularly outside of the TEs or RBs. The offense is obviously one that tries to create some opportunity for big plays, but it also likes to keep moving the sticks at a rapid pace, and Warner's crisp routes and good hands will help do that. He certainly isn't the guy I'd want manning the attention of opponents like JD or Stan do, but I'm fine if the respect for their talents open up opportunities for guys like Warner to continue making the easy 7-15 yard pickup, and moving the chains.

Guys like Warner may not have been hyped out of high school, but he has managed to beat out 4* prospects. He's done things right, earned time, and is a better player than the high school superstars. When did a walk on earning playing time become a bad thing to so many fans? We used to celebrate when guys like Jared Tomich, John Parrella, or Joel Makovicka found success as Huskers.

I don't know where this narrative that Warner was some stiff coming out of high school started but he had a pretty good high school career

https://amp-azcentral-com.cdn.amppr...-11-man-state-record-career-catches/91442970/

????

If you are a prima donna who refuses to put the effort in to block well, there's the bench.

Morgan seems to take some pride in his blocking. that guy works his butt off downfield.

Last edited:

????

Cheezus...If a WR doesn't come to nu it doesn't mean they don't want to block. I am pretty sure WRs block at other schools too.

I may be wrong but wouldn't McQuitty be able to have a red shirt this year and have last year an injury hardship year. thus giving him 6 years to play 4.

See Renfro, Hunter. #13, Clemson University

Guys like Warner may not have been hyped out of high school, but he has managed to beat out 4* prospects. He's done things right, earned time, and is a better player than the high school superstars. When did a walk on earning playing time become a bad thing to so many fans? We used to celebrate when guys like Jared Tomich, John Parrella, or Joel Makovicka found success as Huskers.
Warner worked his way to the starting job. Nothing given to him and I believe he’s going to keep the job. Keep doubting him I have a feeling it’s exactly what motivates him...can Nebraska win with him absolutely and more like him.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back