• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

McKewon: With Amy Williams in charge, Huskers women on the rise

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
Great Article on WBB in Big Red Today (OWH)

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/womens...cle_9e544728-be2d-5622-afab-1e36c70bbd9e.html

She reminds me of Scott Frost. They’re contemporaries, of course — both played at Nebraska in the mid-1990s, and Williams even quietly went to Frost’s opening press conference. Both embrace modern trends in the sport — Williams has a good eye on the Golden State Warriors’ style of play, while Frost’s spread option system remains on the cutting edge of college football. Both started their coaching careers on low rungs and rose quickly. Both cut their teeth as coaches at mid-major programs — Frost at Central Florida, Williams at South Dakota.

And both, in rare moves, chose to bring their entire coaching staffs from UCF and USD with them to Nebraska.

5a5d6f6511c3b.image.jpg

Amy Williams' Huskers are on track to at least double their overall wins from last year, Williams' first season.

Last edited:

i pay almost no attention to women's bball but wasn't the williams hire looked at unfavorably initially? Seems she's doing a heck of a job so far.

It wasn't so much the hiring that was looked on unfavorably as it was the firing before that. But, since that is done and over, it is nice to see this staff doing a great job. And it looks like we have a good class coming in. The future looks bright.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back