• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

McGriff transferring... more open scholarships?

Here I am again, forced to defend GFOA. I dont know him and I dont know you other guys. He has been annoying in the past, so get why you are quick to check him. But I dont think anybody trolled anybody, until we started ganging up on GFOA. I guess maybe I am naive to the school yard bullies and the vigilante efforts to keep them in line.

I see GFOA's point about how the thread turned and how we had nothing awesome to say about McGriff. Its too bad he did not do anything of notice while he was at DONU. I thought he was about ready to break onto the scene. I see the void in this class (2017) and see the need to do some patchwork roster management.

As for Warner and any other wealthy athlete, as a fan I am always looking for roster loopholes. I am always in favor of a kid volunteering to pay their own way. Not saying I know the Warners or that they are declining schollies. Just saying that I could understand them doing that and I hope it happens a lot at DONU. I get the point that the kid should be rewarded with a scholly if he earns one, and the Cade definitely has earned one. I get it no matter how many times you repeat it. If we need to give schollies to walk-ons this year, then give one to the next guy in line and take advantage of the Warner bank account.

I have questioned before about NCAA rules on kids paying their own way when they should be using a scholarship. What is stopping some rich donor from paying the way for several kids a year? Must be a difficult thing to monitor.
As to your last paragraph. Parents and family members can legally pay. Anyone else is a booster and it would be illegal.

As for the rest. Cool. :thumbsup:

Some time ago I worked as a volunteer with a university athletic fan club, think the Rams Club (UNC) or the Wolfpack club (NCSU) and many others. Whenever the son or daughter of an upper middle class family received an athletic scholarship, we would suggest the family could celebrate the occasion by donating money for another person to attend the university--showing among things the direct relationship between athletics and university students.

Whenever I see a thread like this get to 5 pages, I know the odds are high that GFOA or paramus has come in and crapped in it for no reason.
GFOA gave his opinion, he didn't crap in the thread. The crap started when Thom & others jumped him.

Everyone has a right to their opinion. It's up to the 'real trolls' to chose to ignore him & others, or to pick a fight, which they did.

GFOA gave his opinion, he didn't crap in the thread. The crap started when Thom & others jumped him.

Everyone has a right to their opinion. It's up to the 'real trolls' to chose to ignore him & others, or to pick a fight, which they did.
Ok, just a coincidence that it happens every time they get into a thread. Got it.

Never thought I would rather watch soap operas on TV than read a thread about the Huskers, until today.

Never thought I would rather watch soap operas on TV than read a thread about the Huskers, until today.
No kidding! I don’t think I will ever start another thread ever again. I’m about to send them all to bed without supper!

Some time ago I worked as a volunteer with a university athletic fan club, think the Rams Club (UNC) or the Wolfpack club (NCSU) and many others. Whenever the son or daughter of an upper middle class family received an athletic scholarship, we would suggest the family could celebrate the occasion by donating money for another person to attend the university--showing among things the direct relationship between athletics and university students.
How did you determine the family's class level?

I believe anyone recieving any kind of assistance has to have the family fill out financial documents. In case any loans or grants are needed for "recommended books", etc.
Ok. So who sets the line above which people are asked to "donate" and those below are not? How do they pick a number? Based on cash flow, assets, or both?

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back