• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

McGriff transferring... more open scholarships?

Well, it is true that no one was openly celebrating though several posters seemed enthused about giving McGriff's scholarship to a walk-on named Warner. For me, I'm sad to see any apparently hard working kid leave the program. No one in the thread but me had a post that said anything positive about McGriff's time here (no, "good luck" doesn't count).

Technically you didn't say anything positive about McGriff unless you are DiCaprio Bootle. Also, What's the difference between wishing someone well like you did and wishing them good luck like others?

The numbers will work themselves out. Good luck to the young man. Thank you for your efforts.

And for the record Thom thanked McGriff 5 hours before you posted.

Technically you didn't say anything positive about McGriff unless you are DiCaprio Bootle. Also, What's the difference between wishing someone well like you did and wishing them good luck like others?

And for the record Thom thanked McGriff 5 hours before you posted.
Technically, you are wrong, words have meaning. I said:
No one in the thread but me had a post that said anything positive about McGriff's time here (no, "good luck" doesn't count).
DiCaprio's positive comments were in my post, I had the post with the positive comments (see red above)...no one else. Also, for the record, note that saying good luck isn't saying anything positive about McGriff (see blue above).

I also said:
For me, I'm sad to see any apparently hard working kid leave the program.

Last edited:

I'm out of this thread, since I believe many other posters to be trying to make this thread about me rather than McGriff or transfers (as desired in the OP).

Did I mention you AT ALL? Did I quote you? Nope. You should ask GFOA that question. He's the one who blamed you for him quoting All N. No beef with you at all. Just tired of the vermin.
No I did not think you did. AllN mentioned you because in your response to GFOAs trolling me you said that he did too. Thus if it is read literally would mean you agreed and thought I had as well. I did not read it that way and would not even have mentioned you had AllN not brought it up. Either way we are good.

Back on topic, I hope the young man finds what he is looking for.

Here I am again, forced to defend GFOA. I dont know him and I dont know you other guys. He has been annoying in the past, so get why you are quick to check him. But I dont think anybody trolled anybody, until we started ganging up on GFOA. I guess maybe I am naive to the school yard bullies and the vigilante efforts to keep them in line.

I see GFOA's point about how the thread turned and how we had nothing awesome to say about McGriff. Its too bad he did not do anything of notice while he was at DONU. I thought he was about ready to break onto the scene. I see the void in this class (2017) and see the need to do some patchwork roster management.

As for Warner and any other wealthy athlete, as a fan I am always looking for roster loopholes. I am always in favor of a kid volunteering to pay their own way. Not saying I know the Warners or that they are declining schollies. Just saying that I could understand them doing that and I hope it happens a lot at DONU. I get the point that the kid should be rewarded with a scholly if he earns one, and the Cade definitely has earned one. I get it no matter how many times you repeat it. If we need to give schollies to walk-ons this year, then give one to the next guy in line and take advantage of the Warner bank account.

I have questioned before about NCAA rules on kids paying their own way when they should be using a scholarship. What is stopping some rich donor from paying the way for several kids a year? Must be a difficult thing to monitor.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back