• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game Tonight at PBA vs. #199 Incarnate Word (5-1) 7pm cst, ESPN3 (streaming vid)

We kinda sucked last year in non-conference play as well.

We aren't as good as we thought we would be...but we probably aren't as bad as we think we are right now either.

While true, I don't think you can compare a loss to Incarnate Word to any of the losses last year in non-conference play. UAB was a bad loss, but unless Incarnate Word rolls through the Southland, this will be a sub-200 RPI loss for NU. Also, while Incarnate Word entered the game at 5-1, four of those five wins were against non NCAA D1 teams.

Also, is Incarnate Word even eligible for the NCAA tournament this year?

While true, I don't think you can compare a loss to Incarnate Word to any of the losses last year in non-conference play. UAB was a bad loss, but unless Incarnate Word rolls through the Southland, this will be a sub-200 RPI loss for NU. Also, while Incarnate Word entered the game at 5-1, four of those five wins were against non NCAA D1 teams.

Also, is Incarnate Word even eligible for the NCAA tournament this year?

I am not comparing losses, I am alluding to the fact that we had some struggles early on last season as well.

I am not comparing losses, I am alluding to the fact that we had some struggles early on last season as well.

I see. However, I would say last night's loss was probably the worst in TM's era at NU. It'll be a huge drag on the RPI and really put a dent in the resume, should NU work its way back into the at-large discussion.

yes that loss is gonna be a tough one to overcome. hopefully NU can rebound and put themselves in bubble contention again, but this loss will be a stain that won't go away. a HUGE RPI killer and def SMiles' worst loss at NU IMO.

I see. However, I would say last night's loss was probably the worst in TM's era at NU. It'll be a huge drag on the RPI and really put a dent in the resume, should NU work its way back into the at-large discussion.

No argument. It appears that the Huskers aren't quite ready to be the team that we hoped they would e.

Recruits are improving though.

Yikes, very disappointing to see the HUSKERS lose this game, fouling twice on 3pt shots and throwing the ball away is a recipe for a disaster in the last minute of a close game. Hopefully this loss gets their attention and gets the train back on the right track. Like a few others have said, seems like this team may have paid a little too much attention to the press clippings about how good a team the HUSKERS would have this season. Still a ton of basketball to be played though and I not throwing in the towel by any means. I do believe Tim Miles and the players will get things going in the right direction started with the next game.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back