• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #7, (W, 68-66), Mon, 11/26 @ Clemson (#24) (5-1), 6:00pm CT, ESPN2

My BIL is in town and we went out to eat. Didn't see the game and my DVR didn't record it. :Thumbsdown:

Looks like I missed a great game. :Corn2:
Serves you right mister. I saw that post of yours.... in fact, I am about to go comment on it.... :Biggrin::Biggrin::O O:;)

Should be a decent win in March. The Seton Hall win won't provide much in the way of non conference juice.

My BIL is in town and we went out to eat. Didn't see the game and my DVR didn't record it. :Thumbsdown:

Looks like I missed a great game. :Corn2:

Jusr for the sake of the program go out to eat every game and don't record it.... that way we end the regular season with 1 loss & a #1 seed in the NCAA tournament

Last edited:
we played well enough to win but it shows our weakness, which is inside defense. in reality, their #14 was given several chances to change the game and we still overcame. The first one was a joke of a double T. the second was as good open field block that even #afrothunder would have been proud of.

Was watching the game; but, unable to join the HMers online. That first double "T" was a complete joke and I was expecting it to be a biased crew the rest of the way. Thankfully, our guys perservered and didn't let it get to them.

How the refs, and more frustratingly, the announcers didn't see that Thomas intentionally swung his leg into Roby's face during the scrum is beyond me. There is no way that that leg 'accidentally' moved the way it did right into Roby's face and then stuck to his face with some force applied via the player's muscle. Roby simply pushed it back and got a HARD kick to the ribs.

Having sat through countless youth sports games, I try really hard to be objective when it comes to the calls. I've seen too many parents go bonkers on a call that was clearly correct. This was not one that should have been open to interpretation.

Last edited:
Was watching the game; but, unable to join the HMers online. That first double "T" was a complete joke and I was expecting it to be a biased crew the rest of the way. Thankfully, our guys perservered and didn't let it get to them.

How the refs, and more frustratingly, the announcers didn't see that Thomas intentionally swung his leg into Roby's face during the scrum is beyond me. There is no way that that leg 'accidentally' moved the way it did right into Roby's face and then stuck to his face with some force applied via the player's muscle. Roby simply pushed it back and got a HARD kick to the ribs.

Having sat through countless youth sports games, I try really hard to be objective when it comes to the calls. I've seen too many parents to bonkers on a call that was clearly correct. This was not one that should have been open to interpretation.

Man, you are spot on!! The dbl tech was bs! If someone puts their shoe in your face and you move it away, are you doing something wrong? Total bs!! That Thomas is a good scorer inside, but he is a disaster waiting to happen. Hey, he's sorta' like Draymond Green! ;)

Last edited:

Back to the game: exciting, but we need to be able to sustain a decent lead when the game is down to 1 or 2 minutes; it drives me crazy!! :)

Also, we seem to be slipping, making ft's, don't you think? It seems, the ft's kept Clemson in the game.

Well, I watched it downstairs and recorded it. A keeper. :)

I only caught about 7 minutes of the game, and didn’t dvr. What I saw was easily some of the best basketball of the season. I’ll say it again, give me Copeland any day over Palmer...at least at this point in the season. He plays so well within himself. He generally looks for the best shot, even if it means passing up a 3. His defense is tough if he’s off the ball, and almost as good on the ball.

As for the team, defense, active defense makes them tough. They showed they are still going to have trouble matching up with a strong inside scorer, but the double team was a nice touch.

A couple of beefs; I know some of you don’t see it, but this team does a crap job of getting guys open away from the ball, no screens, just stand and watch, and their spacing still sucks. Even on Copeland’s dunk on the break toward the end of the game when he was trailing in the middle, Palmer brought his guy right under the basket making The dunk off Watson’s pass in traffic that never should have been there. That is just dumb basketball and a good defender will make you pay.

I haven’t seen the participation, who didn’t play that we’ve seen lately?

Last edited:
Copeland finished with 16 points, Palmer with 20 points. Why would you take one over the other? We are quite lucky to have both guys.
I like Copeland’s game more. Palmer gets more accolades, and he’s had some solid outings, but I think a guy like Copeland is easier to build a game plan around.

I like Copeland’s game more. Palmer gets more accolades, and he’s had some solid outings, but I think a guy like Copeland is easier to build a game plan around.
Why not like them both? They both bring a lot to the table. Copeland is awesome, yes, but Palmer is a gamer himself. So is Roby, once he gets his silly fouls under control. Just enjoy what we've got going so far this season, and stop trying to play one teammate against the other, that's just a bad thing to do. These kids are playing their butts off, enjoy the victories. I really think that this is the year that Nebraska finally wins a tourney game and it's going to take both Palmer and Copeland, and the rest of the team.

Why not like them both? They both bring a lot to the table. Copeland is awesome, yes, but Palmer is a gamer himself. So is Roby, once he gets his silly fouls under control. Just enjoy what we've got going so far this season, and stop trying to play one teammate against the other, that's just a bad thing to do. These kids are playing their butts off, enjoy the victories. I really think that this is the year that Nebraska finally wins a tourney game and it's going to take both Palmer and Copeland, and the rest of the team.
You have me confused with someone who just grabs Pom poms and blindly cheers. My pointing out one player over another isn’t pitting them against each other, it’s mentioning parts of the game I see as important. I watch basketball, I don’t just watch the tally on a scoreboard. And I really like watching quality play. The Zags are generally fun, Creighton can be fun most years, what they are doing at Texas Tech is some good basketball, and Martin at South Carolina is another good one most seasons. The B1G has their share most seasons as well. I don’t get particularly wow’d by pure athleticism, so guys just trying to beat people one on one isn’t my thing. Show me a great scorer who makes a smart pass for an easy score, and I’ll show you a great scorer who just made his next look at the basket a little easier.

The Huskers have some really interesting pieces, and have windows that show what they can do in certain styles of games. What concerns me is their ability to adapt when games turn into a grind it out tempo. I trust their defense to be able to handle that for the most part, but offensively I’m still seeing those lapses, and they don’t think well enough to get themselves out of those lapses.

My enjoyment is good basketball. I like fundamentals, good footwork, spacing, screening, passing. We have potential, but plenty of work to do. There is enough physical talent on this team to get that first round win everyone is so bent on, but if they add the mental part of the game, it won’t end in the second round.

You have me confused with someone who just grabs Pom poms and blindly cheers. My pointing out one player over another isn’t pitting them against each other, it’s mentioning parts of the game I see as important. I watch basketball, I don’t just watch the tally on a scoreboard. And I really like watching quality play. The Zags are generally fun, Creighton can be fun most years, what they are doing at Texas Tech is some good basketball, and Martin at South Carolina is another good one most seasons. The B1G has their share most seasons as well. I don’t get particularly wow’d by pure athleticism, so guys just trying to beat people one on one isn’t my thing. Show me a great scorer who makes a smart pass for an easy score, and I’ll show you a great scorer who just made his next look at the basket a little easier.

The Huskers have some really interesting pieces, and have windows that show what they can do in certain styles of games. What concerns me is their ability to adapt when games turn into a grind it out tempo. I trust their defense to be able to handle that for the most part, but offensively I’m still seeing those lapses, and they don’t think well enough to get themselves out of those lapses.

My enjoyment is good basketball. I like fundamentals, good footwork, spacing, screening, passing. We have potential, but plenty of work to do. There is enough physical talent on this team to get that first round win everyone is so bent on, but if they add the mental part of the game, it won’t end in the second round.
Then call out Miles and not the kids. These things you mention, mostly fall on the coaching staff, pom poms be damned. You strike me as the guy that wouldn't be happy playing black jack if you won with a 19 over a dealers 18. Lighten up Nancy, we are currently 6 - 1... RAH RAH RAH!!!! :Cheer2::Cheer2::Cheer2:

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back