• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #30, (W, 66-57), Tue, 2/20 vs Indiana (#72) (16-12) (9-7), @ PBA, 8:00 pm CST, BTN

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
Huskers Topple Hoosiers, 66-57
http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=211701733
Lincoln – The Nebraska men’s basketball team overcame a one-point halftime deficit and used a gritty second-half effort to tie a school record for conference victories in a 66-57 win over Indiana on Tuesday night.
The Huskers shot just 31.4 percent from the field in the first half and were held to 25 first-half points, but responded by shooting 51.9 percent in the second half and outscoring Indiana, 41-31, in the second half.
By rallying from a halftime deficit to win for the fourth time this season, Nebraska improved to 21-9 on the season and moved to 12-5 in Big Ten Conference play. The 12 conference victories tie the school record for most conference wins in a season, while Nebraska moved one-half game ahead of No. 17 Michigan for fourth place in the Big Ten standings.

Huskers (20-9) (11-5) KenPom ranking #56
(thru 2/19/18); (#98 pre-season)

Next Up:
Tue, 2/20 vs Indiana (#72) (16-12) (9-7), @ PBA, 8:00 pm CST, BTN

Last Time Out:
(Lost @ Illinois, 72-66)

Sun, 2/18 @ Illinois (#109) (12-15) (2-12)

:Cheer2: PACK THE VAULT! :Shout: BEAT THE HOOSIERS! :Cheer2:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~GOOOOOO :Huskers:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:pirate: LET'S WIN OUT @ HOME AND GO FOR TWENTY-TWO & NINE! :pirate:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Huskers Return Home for Hoosiers

o Huskers Game Page
: http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=211701444

o Video: BTN (tv)
(streaming: BTN 2Go) https://www.btn2go.com/game/indiana-at-nebraska-on-02202018
OR: Fox Sports Go: https://www.foxsportsgo.com/
Announcers: Kevin Kugler and Stephen Bardo

o Audio: http://www.huskers.com/liveEvents/liveEvents.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=100&DB_OEM_ID=100:
OR: Tune-in App: https://tunein.com/radio/Nebraska-Basketball-c100000491/
Announcers: Kent Pavelka and Jake Muhleisen

o Live Game Stats
: http://www.huskers.com/liveStats/liveStats.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&DB_OEM_ID=100
OR: https://www.statbroadcast.com/events/index.php

o Game Notes: http://www.huskers.com/pdf9/5467759.pdf
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Huskers enter the last week of the season looking to secure one of the four double-byes for the Big Ten Tournament next week at Madison Square Garden. Nebraska is currently tied with Michigan for fourth place with an 11-5 mark, and a win on Tuesday against the Hoosiers would put NU in a strong position for a top-four finish.

If the Huskers can win on Tuesday, the Huskers would match a school record for most conference wins in a season with 12. The only teams to win 12 games in conference play are the 1965-66 (Big Eight) and 1915-16 (Missouri Valley) squads.

SCOUTING INDIANA
First-year Coach Archie Miller has Indiana playing some of its best basketball of the season. Indiana (16-12, 9-7 Big Ten) brings a four-game win streak into Lincoln following an 84-82 win over Iowa on Saturday.

Robert Johnson led Indiana with 29 points, including a school record nine 3-pointers, while Devonte Green had 19 points, including 4-of-5 from long range. In all, Indiana shot 56 percent, including 14-of-24 from beyond the 3-point line.

Juwan Morgan has raised his scoring average from 7.7 points per game last year to a team-high 16.6 ppg in 2017-18. Morgan leads Indiana in rebounding (7.3 rpg), blocks (1.4 bpg) and steals (1.1 spg) as well as scoring, and has a team-high eight double-doubles on the season.

Senior guard Robert Johnson is the only other Hoosier who averages double figures at 13.9. During Indiana's four-game win streak, Johnson is averaging 18.3 ppg, including 58 percent from 3-point range.

Devonte Green has emerged as a scoring option in recent weeks and is averaging 8.0 points per game.

Last edited:

I just want to point out a few things on this thread since I know it will get seen.

1 - We are 11-5 in Big 10 play! 11-5!!!! Who could have thunk this? AT All? There some real negativeity on this board after Sat loss, but we just went 6-1 these last 7 games and could end up on a 8-1 streak. That would be remarkable. Lets not get so down just because we had one slip up loss on the road!! What big 10 team other than the very top doesnt lose a road game now and then? Illinois played out of their butt on Sr night, including several hail mary 3s that fell in at the shot clock buzzer. It just wasnt our night..........

2 - Supposedly if we had won out, then the one big10 tourny game wouldnt have mattered............wed be in. Most pundits said this......... Well, if we win these next 2 games and 1 win the in Big 10 tourny, we end up with the same record as if we had won out and lost in the first round?

Our NCAA tourny starts tonight! We are in if we keep winning, we are out if we lose! Great time to be a Husker BBall fan! Last 2 games are home games I like out chances

GBR!!!

Nebraska got seven votes on Coaches Poll after Illini loss (others receiving votes). I noticed no votes on Indiana.

Good to know, they still received votes. I don't think I saw any votes from the AP, right?

We were all disappointed, for sure. The thing is, there was such negativity from BTN live, when we lost. They just about gave up on us to still have a chance to advance to the Dance.

JUST WIN, BABY!! :)

Hi Bob. You seemed to have a problem syncing your video with the audio for Kent Pavelka's p-b-p during the Illinois game (game thread, pg 17, your post #247 & Barnum's response post#249).

Like Barnum, I prefer to listen to Kent (& Matt on the women's games) rather than the tv announcers. If you are listening directly on the Radio over the air, the audio will usually be ahead of the TV or video. I don't know of any way to slow radio down (or speed tv up) to sync the two sources (without having to buy some very expensive electronic equipment :Lol:).

I've suffered all season trying to sync up men's & women's games. Here is what I've found that works (for me ;))

Down load the (free) Tune-in app on your cell phone or i-pad (rather than following the audio link @ Huskers.com). Tune-in is much better and you can pause the audio (or advance 30 sec, then pause if you have to) to sync. If you have a DVR you can do the same, pause &/or Fast Forward (to live broadcast). (It can be a little tricky working both tho - I usually get it all synced up just about the time the game is over :Lol:).

If you don't have a DVR, the games are video streamed over the internet on both BTN2Go and Fox Sports Go, where you also have the ability to pause play in order to sync. (I've heard some say the the video quality on Fox is the better of the two).

GBR! Beat Indiana! :Shout:

Good Interview with Coach Miles (6:52)

Talks the one-day prep time - could be a good thing.
Talks Indiana. Good Team. Played vs Archie Miller when we beat Dayton last year.
Team is disappointed in their loss - Thinks they'll bounce back.
Take aways from the loss. Reviewed the last 5 mins of the Illinois game with the team, where it was won or lost.
Talks a little about Glynn Watson, need to get him to take some good 2 pointers that matter; and make some of those inside contested shots.

Hi Bob. You seemed to have a problem syncing your video with the audio for Kent Pavelka's p-b-p during the Illinois game (game thread, pg 17, your post #247 & Barnum's response post#249).

Like Barnum, I prefer to listen to Kent (& Matt on the women's games) rather than the tv announcers. If you are listening directly on the Radio over the air, the audio will usually be ahead of the TV or video. I don't know of any way to slow radio down (or speed tv up) to sync the two sources (without having to buy some very expensive electronic equipment :Lol:).

I've suffered all season trying to sync up men's & women's games. Here is what I've found that works (for me ;))

Down load the (free) Tune-in app on your cell phone or i-pad (rather than following the audio link @ Huskers.com). Tune-in is much better and you can pause the audio (or advance 30 sec, then pause if you have to) to sync. If you have a DVR you can do the same, pause &/or Fast Forward (to live broadcast). (It can be a little tricky working both tho - I usually get it all synced up just about the time the game is over :Lol:).

If you don't have a DVR, the games are video streamed over the internet on both BTN2Go and Fox Sports Go, where you also have the ability to pause play in order to sync. (I've heard some say the the video quality on Fox is the better of the two).

GBR! Beat Indiana! :Shout:
I do have the dvr, so I'll work on it.

Have a great day!! :)

Here's "The Skinny" from another site:

upload_2018-2-20_16-36-13.png

Player to watch: Juwan Morgan
Morgan has exploded this year to lead the Hoosiers in most statistical categories and will probably make one of the All B1G teams. The 6'7" JR gets to the paint and the FT line a lot. His 3pt shooting is serviceable. If you look at his Sophomore year numbers they look a lot like Isaiah Roby's. Watching Morgan operate tonight should serve as a preview for Roby's impact next year.

The Skinny
Archie Miller's Indiana team is good...not great, not bad, but quite consistently good and it's no big fluke that they're tied with Penn St for 6th in the conference. They're currently on a 4 game winning streak including a pair of road victories though it's been against the bottom 4 teams in the conference. For the most part they've won the games you'd expect to win. Will the added confidence of winning boost them to win a game on the road where they won't be favored?

Glynn Watson firing up a three towards the end of the Illinois game was the lightning rod on Sunday to talk about very publicly once again that he's shooting even worse than he did as a freshman. You were at least confident he could make that long two. Against a team like Indiana he's going to be the key as the Hoosier will turn you over and Miller's offense is very point guard dependent. With a lot of talented scorers on this team Watson's disruption of the offense and protection of the rock are a great compliment.

With the lack of big men for Indiana, we'll see how much Jordy and Duby are used tonight though they do match up well vs undersized PF Freddie McSwain. Defensively I think you could see that 2-3 zone again. Indiana is capable of hitting outside shots but they haven't done so consistently throughout the year and tend to make their hay at the rim and you could certainly drop your center into this defense. The 1-3-1 probably won't fluster Miller as he's faced it many times playing against Xavier.

Offensively the Huskers have to get back to the rim and it's going to be a bit more challenging vs this pack line defense than Illinois pressure. Expect the Huskers to have some more urgency trying to penetrate to the rim. The looks from 3 will be there all game but what about checking into the post tonight? Jordy is shooting 77% over his last 6 games (17/22). If Nebraska can get him on the court without Indiana exploiting it by running out 5 shooters, it could be that untapped scoring punch to complement the Palmer and Copeland current two man show.

Here is the real big thing with Indiana tonight: they will beat us if we don't play about as well as we did vs Maryland. Against a team that hasn't exactly lit it up on the road, the crowd needs to be about that loud too.

Prediction: Nebraska 69 Indiana 64
hhcdimes: http://huskerhoopscentral.com/forums/topic/12205-game-day-essentials-game-30-vs-indiana/

Good Interview with Coach Miles (6:52)

Talks the one-day prep time - could be a good thing.
Talks Indiana. Good Team. Played vs Archie Miller when we beat Dayton last year.
Team is disappointed in their loss - Thinks they'll bounce back.
Take aways from the loss. Reviewed the last 5 mins of the Illinois game with the team, where it was won or lost.
Talks a little about Glynn Watson, need to get him to take some good 2 pointers that matter; and make some of those inside contested shots.

Thanks for the video. In a nutshell, we lost that game on the boards. free throws, not hand facing 3 pointers.

Oh, and yes, too many easy shots not going, from close.

In any case, we have done so well, let's just continue support. These kids can still make the Big Dance. :)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back