• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #29, (L, 82-53), Thu, 2/28 @ Michigan, (#7), (24-4) (13-4), 6:00pm CT, ESPN

All I know is when things starting going south, even before Copeland injury, Tim Miles had no clue how to turn it around. Yes some players arent playing as hard as they should, but once teams figured out all you have to do is get in our faces on defense, it all fell apart. The Big 10, you have to be able to play physical half court game with movement and screens. We just dribble around and drive into triple coverage

I didn't watch the game - but I watched the "highlights". Not sure I'll be able to watch the game. I try not to get too caught up in the emotion of the moment: the swing of the pendulum. I remember listening to people yell that something "had to be done" about Solich going 7-7, and about Pelini off-and-on toward the end of his time: you have to look at the big picture, and getting caught up in the moment can lead to bad decisions.

I didn't think that Miles would lose the team, but it looks like he has. I am surprised in Roby above all, because he seems to be a kid with his head on straight. I assumed that Thomas Allen was as well, but you never know where leaders lead.

It's all over for Miles. Unless there is some amazing mitigating circumstance like the player's parents are being held hostage by the mafia, there's just no way forward. Who coaches next year? Who is on the team?

I think Dachon Burke sticks with it. I was wondering if Borchardt might be able to apply for a 5th year because he played one minute as a Sophomore, but I doubt he's interested. I have no idea about Thomas Allen. If Roby doesn't play better from here out, he might be too embarrassed to come back (though I hope he does). Amir Harris should come back. Nana and Thor, who knows. Thor might come back because it will give him a chance. Nana might do better with a fresh start elsewhere, but he'd have that chance at UNL too. Brady Heiman will stick at Nebraska, I think.

Jervay Green might still come to Nebraska - Big 10 is big time and he should get all the playing time he can. Mika-Adams maybe comes for the same reason, but I doubt it. Akol Arop, I don't know, I suspect he comes to Nebraska.

And that's where I'm at for this season. Looking for the embers in the ashes that become a phoenix for next year. YAY NEBRASKETBALL!

Last edited:
last nights game sums up the Miles era in a nutshell for me. media is used to question or call/out players "guys weren't following the game plan..."
seriously....what could the game plan have possibly been that the guys didn't follow. I'd love to hear what the game plan actually was.

sitting guys to start the half was a total optics display of desperation. If Miles actually believed, or understood how to send a message to guys, or appreciated the value of it, then it would have been happening all year. funny thing is it wouldn't have had to be this big public display that everyone could't help but notice. Sitting those guys at the start of the 2nd half accomplished nothing but embarrassing them. which is pretty much cardinal rule #1 when dealing with elite athletes. instruct them, give them tough love, but don't embarrass them.

Miles should have pulled James 15 games ago. sit him down after a bad shot. give him a chance to take a rest and watch for 3 minutes. remind him that the team doesn't need nowhere dribble, step back 3 pts shots, and the NBA doesn't need it either. maybe nobody in the whole arena would have noticed....i would have though. I've been yelling about this for the past 7 years. Miles lets guys do whatever they want with no consequences.....until start of the 2nd half last night. but all it looked like last night was an act of desperation. he's had 7 years to figure out, and a desperate optic stunt led him to the start of culture building last night.....7 years too late.

Miles should have pulled James 15 games ago. sit him down after a bad shot. give him a chance to take a rest and watch for 3 minutes. remind him that the team doesn't need nowhere dribble, step back 3 pts shots, and the NBA doesn't need it either. maybe nobody in the whole arena would have noticed....i would have though. I've been yelling about this for the past 7 years. Miles lets guys do whatever they want with no consequences.....until start of the 2nd half last night. but all it looked like last night was an act of desperation. he's had 7 years to figure out, and a desperate optic stunt led him to the start of culture building last night.....7 years too late.

I believe this is the biggest mistake Coach Miles made in his time at NU. He wanted to get a guy in the NBA so badly he let his 2 possibilities go unchecked. He did it with Petteway and again with Palmer. Instead of coaching team ball, he/the staff decided to let the "supposed" leader go rogue! Yes, it would be a good rectuiting chip to talk about your guy in the NBA, but we all have seen the outcome of this lack of control.

Official Box Score:
(The bright spot was the play of the Husker bench, which produced 21 points, two shy of matching Nebraska’s largest bench production in Big Ten play.)

upload_2019-3-1_13-45-15.png

upload_2019-3-1_13-46-7.png

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back