• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #29, (L, 72-66), Sun, 2/18 @ Illinois (#109) (12-15) (2-12), 2:30 pm CST, BTN

OK, all, take a deep breath. Have to see how it plays out; it is up to the players to make amends, showing us that they deserve to advance to the Dance.

Have a nice week, all.

Remember:

W

Thu, Feb 22

Oregon State Surprise, Ariz. (Surprise Stadium) 2:00 p.m. RadioLive Stats

"See" you then! :Wave:

Last edited:
OK, all, take a deep breath. Have to see how it plays out; it is up to the players to make amends, showing us that they deserve to advance to the Dance.

Have a nice week, all.

Remember:

W

Thu, Feb 22

Go Huskers baseball! Great start to the season.:Ironn:

no doubt a bad loss. many things that one can pin a loss on but what is most frustrating to me are things that i CONTINUE to see that are just flat out mind boggling to me, from a coaching perspective. 53 seconds left in the game. ILL amps up the pressure...ball is passed to Palmer and he dribbles along the NU sideline and finds himself trapped. he's clearly in trouble, standing straight in the air, and heaves a pass over his head towards Taylor that hits the rim and shoots out of bounds. I'm sitting there YELLING... "CALL TIME OUT".....Miles is standing LITERALLY 2 ft from the guy and just watches. what in the holy Frick are you doing Miles????? sure you can be upset at Palmer for getting himself in that spot, but thats bball. i put the blame on the adults.

that was a huge momentum killer. NU went into panic mode after that and Watson chucks up a bad fast break 3, then palmer goes head down bull rush into 5 people and throws up a bad shot, then gets yelled at on the bench. all of that came after that absolutely terrible turnover that could have EASILY been prevented by Miles simply calling Time out. i feel silly even having to type it out, thats how bad of a bonehead error i view that missed time out. its not like it happened so fast that Miles didn't have time to call TO.

I'm pretty sure we ended the game with at least 1 TO to spare. honestly i'm afraid to go back and look cause my head might explode. If i was a reporter, thats the first question I ask in the presser. "hey coach..under a minute to go...why not use a TO to get Palmer out of a jam there right in front of the the NU bench?"

This can still be a tourney team but they’re gonna need to win out and I think a win against an MSU or Purdue would do it. Tall order there though. I always kind of thought this would be a 13-5 more so than a 14-4 conference record. If they lose one of the last 2 I’d say they have to win the tourney to make the dance.
This still can be a tourney team for sure. Husker basketball fans have been indoctrinated to give up but we are not dead yet. That said, we must win the last two games of the regular season and two in the conference tournament as well. And then we will se how things shake out to see if we need to win the Big 10 tourney. A win against PSU the way they are playing and another against Michigan is quite a statement

This still can be a tourney team for sure. Husker basketball fans have been indoctrinated to give up but we are not dead yet. That said, we must win the last two games of the regular season and two in the conference tournament as well. And then we will se how things shake out to see if we need to win the Big 10 tourney. A win against PSU the way they are playing and another against Michigan is quite a statement
Win the last two and get another in the B1G could be enough. The end of the season just has to play out.

If we win our last two and 2 in the tournament then we are in for sure! That’s a pretty tall order but you never know

Win the last two and get another in the B1G could be enough. The end of the season just has to play out.
Very true as there are many moving parts at the end of the season for a bubble team to make it in.

That said, I'd like to see this team go on another run and make the Big10 championship game and make it difficult to exclude them no matter what is going on across the nation.

Very true as there are many moving parts at the end of the season for a bubble team to make it in.

That said, I'd like to see this team go on another run and make the Big10 championship game and make it difficult to exclude them no matter what is going on across the nation.
That would be fun.

Have a nice week, all.

Remember:

W

Thu, Feb 22

L8R C-Bob. :Wave:

We aren’t good enough to bring our C game and get a road win. Illinois brought their A+ game in the first half but gave us plenty of opportunities in the 2nd.

The season far from over. Keep grinding and get ready to take in a surging Indiana team.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back