• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #26, (W, 91-85), Tue, 2/6 @ Minnesota (#91) (14-11) (3-9), 8:00 pm CST, BTN

I think I will plug in, and tune in too!
fender-custom-shop-custom-deluxe-stratocaster-honey-burst-800x280.jpg

NU has it going right now. no denying it. team is playing well and its fun to watch. One easy way i test NU bball is by asking myself, what is something that nu does well? not just one night here or there, but what is something that the TEAM consistently does well. Its sort of an "identity" question and a good barometer read on the program, at least for me it is. its been a while since i could honestly answer that question. but i am ready to now. Here are some things that NU does well as a team. They defend on the ball well. Each guy is committed to giving good energy on the defensive end. its a strength and it appears to be something the team holds in high regard. i'd say FT shooting, to this point, is a strength. NU is winning that battle. NU is also good at rebounding and pushing in the open floor. i LOVE seeing aggressive outlet passes off a rebound. Sure, Jordy doinked one off Palmer's foot early in the game on a long outlet pass, but i still like the aggression and the mentality. get the rebound and freaking GO! NU has the athletes to do it and its paying huge dividends. When Evan taylor can get a Defensive rebound, dribble the length of the court, finish at the rim and not a single person picks him up, you know you've got the other team's head spinning, trying to match up out of the break. Love it. NU is a darn good team when they are pushing the ball. Roby, Taylor, Palmer are all guys who can get a rebound and take it the length of the floor in a hurry. Obviously Watson is no slouch running the floor either....put all of it together and that is tough to defend. I've been clamoring for a while now for NU to start dictating pace to the other team. stop trying to play chess games in the 50's. miles isn't an x/o 50pt guy. he's a big picture, get the ball to the hot hand and get out of the way type of coach. it appears that they are finally playing that way consistently. push the ball, speed the other team up, play games in the 80s and win. See how easy that was? :) lol.

Last edited:
NU has it going right now. no denying it. team is playing well and its fun to watch. One easy way i test NU bball is by asking myself, what is something that nu does well? not just one night here or there, but what is something that the TEAM consistently does well. Its sort of an "identity" question and a good barometer read on the program, at least for me it is. its been a while since i could honestly answer that question. but i am ready to now. Here are some things that NU does well as a team. They defend on the ball well. Each guy is committed to giving good energy on the defensive end. its a strength and it appears to be something the team holds in high regard. i'd say FT shooting, to this point, is a strength. NU is winning that battle. NU is also good at rebounding and pushing in the open floor. i LOVE seeing aggressive outlet passes off a rebound. Sure, Jordy doinked one off Palmer's foot early in the game on a long outlet pass, but i still like the aggression and the mentality. get the rebound and freaking GO! NU has the athletes to do it and its paying huge dividends. When Evan taylor can get a Defensive rebound, dribble the length of the court, finish at the rim and not a single person picks him up, you know you've got the other team's head spinning, trying to match up out of the break. Love it. NU is a darn good team when they are pushing the ball. Roby, Taylor, Palmer are all guys who can get a rebound and take it the length of the floor in a hurry. Obviously Watson is no slouch running the floor either....put all of it together and that is tough to defend. I've been clamoring for a while now for NU to start dictating pace to the other team. stop trying to play chess games in the 50's. miles isn't an x/o 50pt guy. he's a big picture, get the ball to the hot hand and get out of the way type of coach. it appears that they are finally playing that way consistently. push the ball, speed the other team up, play games in the 80s and win. See how easy that was? :) lol.
Great post!!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back