• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #26, (W, 58-57), SAT, 2/18 @ OHIO STATE, 5:00 pm CST, BTN

Although we benefitted greatly from the late jump ball call, we were screwed most of the match.
Yeah, felt the same. Which makes the resolve showed by the team all the more heartening. And no Roby, either. Great win! What makes them more fun than in the past is that there is actually some effectiveness in their grit. Not just heaving and getting lucky, but locking down on D, running plays and having some success.

Last edited:

Have yet to watch the game. Only had a chance to check the score from time to time. Just had a feeling all night that they would win it in the end. The streak continues.

Wow!

We've had a lot of things go wrong at the end of games this season, it was nice to see something go right for a change.

I was not shocked that we won, but I was shocked that we won given how we played. Webster hurt, Roby out, Morrow fouling out, and Watson in foul trouble. Plus sloppy play on top of that. The deck was stacked against us and we found a way to win on the road.

Watson was nails. McVeigh was clutch. Morrow made a difference. Fuller stepped in and gave us some great minutes, that jump ball he caused was every bit as big as McVeigh's clutch three.

Jordy's next stage of development is finding how to remain productive when coaches game plan defensively around him. When that double comes the next few games, our shooters need to find the creases in the defenses and Jordy needs to hit them in the shooting pocket. The emergence of Jordy is huge, we are going to get a lot more open looks now, if we can hit them, we will be a tough out.

Four games left I believe. Find a way to get to 15-15. They will have to go 3-1. It won't be easy, but if they can get Roby back, they have a shot.

Last edited:
Going to watch it when I get home, but did just look at the box score. No points from Jordy tonight. Saw he only had 2 shots, 4 rebounds and 2 fouls. Did they just keep him from getting the ball?

Wow!

We've had a lot of things go wrong at the end of games this season, it was nice to see something go right for a change.

I was not shocked that we won, but I was shocked that we won given how we played. Webster hurt, Roby out, Morrow fouling out, and Watson in foul trouble. Plus sloppy play on top of that. The deck was stacked against us and we found a way to win on the road.

Watson was nails. McVeigh was clutch. Morrow made a difference. Fuller stepped in and gave us some great minutes, that jump ball he caused was every bit as big as McVeigh's clutch three.

Jordy's next stage of development is finding how to remain productive when coaches game plan defensively around you. When that double comes the next few games, our shooters need to find the creases in the defenses and Jordy needs to hit them in the shooting pocket. The emergence of Jordy is huge, we are going to get a lot more open looks now, if we can hit them, we will be a tough out.

Four canes left I believe. Find a way to get to 15-15. They will have to go 3-1. It won't be easy, but if they can get Roby back, they have a shot.
I just asked what happened with Jordy and didn't see this yet. Thanks for the info.

The penalty that knocked Morrow out was pure bull!

Indeed. Watson had a silly one called too.

To further elaborate on Bardo's point. It's important that you don't pick up a cheap foul doing something stupid because college officiating is worse than it's ever been. There's going to be at least 5 or 6 bullspit fouls called every game, you are going to get them because too many officials are incompetent. You have to not compound it with Silly fouls you can control, like Watson's hook 85' feet from the basket. Morrow had an over-the-back as well that was not good decision making.

Fuller was a great shot of energy for the team. I thought that OSU was getting the lucky bounces, the officials seemed to be calling two different games, and Nebraska didn't give up. I thought the play of the game was at the end when Tai went over the screen-and-pop play then grabbed the rebound off the missed three.

I hope this means that Nebraska plays with more confidence. They looked like they didn't have the energy early in the game but it built in the second half. Timely win for Nebraska!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back