• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #25, (W, 74-63), Mon, 1/29 @ Wisconsin (#85) (10-12) (3-6), 8:00 pm CST, BTN

very nice win. that was the type of "consistency" win I've been waiting for for like....ever. very encouraging. Ugly game, half the team was in foul trouble, other team's best player was getting foul calls like he's made out of glass, Roby doesn't score a single point....yet, despite all that, we get the win. i would assume this has to be one of the more encouraging wins for the team this year. When NU got 2 steals in a row and cut the lead from 10 down to 4 I could see it on the court. its just one of those things, i'm not sure how to describe it but you can see it. NU knew they were gonna win. i knew it, the players knew it, the bench knew it. THAT is what i find most encouraging cause i could see it in the body language of the players. they way the carried themselves while being down literally the entire game up to that point, there is a confidence there. no panic, no frustration. just kept working, kept working, and eventually what they believed would happen did. I've mentioned on here a number of times, the foundation of this program. sure wins are great, but what is actually being built? what is the program going to be about? thats been a hard question to answer the past 7 years, but despite the recent success of the past few weeks, the way NU has gone about it has been good to see. This doesn't feel like "luck" or whatever....2013/2014 sort of felt that way. Sure it was fun while it lasted, but it didn't last longer then the last 8 games of that year.

that being said, I never thought i would see the day when NU destroyed another team at the FT line.... wow. good thing Ethan can't make freethrows. he didn't deserve to shoot half the FTs he did, so the bball gods evened things out for us. GBR!

You were right on! Made of glass! A lot of those calls were absurd, because we never got those calls on us, period!!
Some times, I feel like our Huskers are treated like redheaded stepchildren!!

Don’t understand the schedule. Why have 4 games in 8 days followed by 8 days off? Hope it doesn’t kill any momentum.
I have had the same thought. I am sure that the opportunity to rest some tired legs is welcomed. However, I worry about stopping the momentum too.

Here are the current Big 10 Conference standings:

Big Ten Standings - 2017-18
Year:

STANDINGS CONFERENCE OVERALL
Big Ten W-L GB PCT W-L PCT STRK
#3 Purdue 10-0 -- 1.000 21-2 .913 W17
#17 Ohio State 9-1 1 .900 18-5 .783 L1
#5 Michigan State 8-2 2 .800 20-3 .870 W4
Nebraska 8-4 3 .667 17-8 .680 W3
#24 Michigan 7-4 3.5 .636 18-6 .750 W1
Indiana 5-5 5 .500 12-10 .545 L2
Penn State 5-5 5 .500 15-8 .652 W2
Maryland 4-6 6 .400 15-8 .652 L2
Northwestern 4-6 6 .400 13-10 .565 L1
Minnesota 3-7 7 .300 14-9 .609 L3
Wisconsin 3-7 7 .300 10-13 .435 L3
Rutgers 2-8 8 .200 12-11 .522 L3
Iowa 2-8 8 .200 11-12 .478 L1
Illinois 1-8 8.5 .111 11-11 .500 W1

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/conferences/standings/_/id/7/big-ten-conference

Don’t understand the schedule. Why have 4 games in 8 days followed by 8 days off? Hope it doesn’t kill any momentum.
I would think it would! Terrible scheduling. Try to find a filler or 2, if possible. Even against a local hi school, for fun, if allowed.

I would think it would! Terrible scheduling. Try to find a filler or 2, if possible. Even against a local hi school, for fun, if allowed.
It potentially could kill our momentum, but, I think we really needed some time off, we were playing like crazy men, and were pretty well beat up, so, I think this week vaca has come at literally the perfect time of the season. We should have completely fresh legs when we travel to Gopherville. I think we get another precious road win, before we take on both Rutgers and Maryland at home. GO BIG RED!!!!

It potentially could kill our momentum, but, I think we really needed some time off, we were playing like crazy men, and were pretty well beat up, so, I think this week vaca has come at literally the perfect time of the season. We should have completely fresh legs when we travel to Gopherville. I think we get another precious road win, before we take on both Rutgers and Maryland at home. GO BIG RED!!!!

I agree the rest was needed. But that is because of 4 games in 8 days. Which gets back to I don’t understand the reasoning behind the schedule. I don’t understand why they don’t space those games out a bit and you could still get 4 days off maybe.

I agree the rest was needed. But that is because of 4 games in 8 days. Which gets back to I don’t understand the reasoning behind the schedule. I don’t understand why they don’t space those games out a bit and you could still get 4 days off maybe.

I heard McDermott (Creighton) after the game last night and he talked about his team getting a 6 day break.

They had a 8 day break between 12-20 and 12-28. Since then they have played 11 games with no more than 4 days, sometimes 3, in between games. That's 11 games in 36 days. It looks like there's crazy scheduling for all teams

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back